Designed By Women Who Understand
The UK's Best Selling Pelvic Toner
Noticeable Results Within Weeks
How to Do Kegels for Men
So now you know that there’s a male pelvic floor, do you know how to exercise it?
Pelvic floor exercises for men are really important. They help to prevent erectile problems and male incontinence. They also help to massage your prostate and keep it healthy. But how do you do male pelvic floor exercises?
Firstly, it’s about finding the right muscles.
- Your pelvic floor muscles act as a ‘hammock’ for your pelvic organs. To find them, firstly sit, stand or lie wherever you’re comfortable. You need to relax your thighs, buttocks and tummy.
- Tighten the muscles around your anus as if you’re trying to control wind – then relax. Try not to squeeze your buttocks together or clench your tummy or thigh muscles.
- Now imagine you’re passing urine – try to stop mid-flow then start again. Don’t do this while you’re actually passing urine though as this can cause problems – just imagine it.
- You can check if you’re using the right muscles by placing your finger tips on the skin behind the scrotum. If you’re using the right muscles, you’ll feel the muscles lift away from your fingers each time you tighten the muscles correctly.
“You’ve just got to remember to breathe!”
Now you’ve found the right muscles, let’s work them.
There are two different types of pelvic floor muscle exercises for men, because there are two different types of nerve fibres in your pelvic floor – the ‘slow twitch muscle fibres’ which have a constant tone, even while you sleep, and the ‘fast twitch muscle fibres’ which work quickly when they’re needed, for example when you cough, sneeze or run.
Slow pelvic floor exercises for men
- You remember the muscles you found? Tense the muscles slowly, as hard as you can so that you can feel a lifting sensation.
- Try to hold this for ten seconds – don’t forget to breathe!
- Slowly relax the muscles and rest for 10 seconds.
- You should aim to repeat this ten times. Don’t worry if you can’t hold the lift for ten seconds at first – you can build up to this.
Fast male pelvic floor exercises
- Repeat the same action as before, but this time, try tightening the muscles as quickly as you can.
- Hold the lift for ten seconds, then let go.
- Try to do this ten times.
Try to do these exercises 3 to 6 times a day to achieve the best results.
“I do them whenever I’m washing my hands or having a drink.”
But remember, if you’re finding it hard to do these exercises, it could be that your muscles are too weak to contract on their own. Help is at hand though.
Try male pelvic floor exercises with Kegel8 V for Men
The Kegel8 V for Men Pelvic Toner targets the correct muscles every time and gives your pelvic floor a thorough work out, working on both the ‘fast twitch’ and ‘slow twitch’ muscle fibres. There’s no need to remember 3 to 6 times a day to do your exercises – use your Kegel8 V for Men once a day and the clinically designed programme will do your day’s worth of pelvic floor exercises in just minutes.