Designed By Women Who Understand
The UK's Best Selling Pelvic Toner
Noticeable Results Within Weeks
Bacterial Vaginosis or BV
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is caused by an imbalance of bacteria within the vagina. One in three women will suffer with bacterial vaginosis at some point. BV is not a sexually transmitted infection rather an imbalance in the ph levels of the vagina which causes smell and discomfort.
Bacterial Vaginosis Symptoms
The symptoms of BV are an unusual vaginal discharge, fishy smelling and grey in colour. Often the symptoms of BV are confused with thrush and it is thought that two out of three women misdiagnose Bacterial Vaginosis as thrush.
Bacterial Vaginosis Causes
BV is an imbalance in the flora of the vagina. A vagina has a natural ph balance that can be disturbed by any of the following:
- Scented soaps, bubble baths, use of vaginal deodorant
- If you have an intrauterine device (IUD)
- If you smoke cigarettes
- Lovemaking – semen is alkaline and can alter the natural ph of the vagina
- Fluctuating hormone levels during a period, pregnancy and menopause
- Antibiotic use
Bacterial Vaginosis Treatments
BV treatment can be purchased over the counter from a chemist in the form of tablets or a vaginal cream. Some doctors recommend antibiotics for Bacterial Vaginosis which are taken orally, but these can cause side effects such as vomiting or nausea so vaginal treatments are more preferable.
Bacterial Vaginosis Natural Treatment
Natural Bacterial Vaginosis remedies include the replacement of lactic acid bacteria - acidifiers, or organic natural yoghurt can be used. The best way to treat BV naturally is to soak a tampon in yoghurt. Boric acid can also be used to treat vaginal yeast infections and BV naturally, it is best to make boric acid capsules or suppositories that are inserted into the vagina at night.
Bacterial Vaginosis while pregnant can increase the risk for pre-term labour and Doctors prefer to prescribe oral medicines and avoid vaginal BV treatment.
- If you keep getting infections such as BV, Thrush and UTIs it could be because your pelvic floor is weak, you need to kegel exercise
- Bladder Weakness Kegel8 can help
- Bladder Control Is Your Bladder Running Your Life? Regain control with kegel8 and these simple lifestyle changes to help put you back in control.
- Over-active Bladder