Designed By Women Who Understand
The UK's Best Selling Pelvic Toner
Noticeable Results Within Weeks
A hysterectomy is an operation to remove a woman's uterus (womb). It can be performed for a number of different reasons including:
- Painful and bleeding Uterine fibroids
- Uterine prolapse (womb prolapse) where the uterus drops into the vaginal canal
- Cancer of the uterus, cervix, or ovaries
- Abnormal and or heavy vaginal bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Adenomyosis, or a thickening of the uterus (womb) lining (endometrius)
Hysterectomy for non-cancerous reasons is usually considered only after all other treatment approaches have been tried without success.
Hysterectomy Surgery Types
* In a supra-cervical or subtotal hysterectomy, the upper part of the uterus (womb) is removed leaving the cervix in place.
* A total hysterectomy removes the whole uterus (womb) and cervix.
* In a radical hysterectomy, a surgeon removes the whole uterus (womb), tissue on the sides of the uterus, the cervix, and the top part of the vagina. Radical hysterectomy is generally only performed when cancer is present.
If a hysterectomy is performed, it is recommended that you follow a course of intensive kegel or pelvic floor exercises. This is essential following procedures of this nature because you are more prone to suffering a prolapse.
When your Healthcare provider says it is OK to do so, pelvic floor exercises after hysterectomy are essential. They will help both with recovery and help to improve your surgical outcomes (very pleasing to your Surgeon!).
Side Effects - Why You Need A Kegel8 Pelvic Toner
You are 3 times more likely to suffer from pelvic organ prolapse (POP) after you have had a hysterectomy, as your organs can move to fill the space left by your womb. It’s is therefore vital that you strengthen your pelvic floor both before and after your surgery.
The new and improved Kegel8 Ultra 20 electronic pelvic toner has two programmes designed especially to help you to get your pelvic floor muscle tone back following your hysterectomy. It is advised to wait 3 months after your operation before using an electronic pelvic toner so as not to aggravate any scar tissue.
- Find out more about pelvic floor surgery and how Kegel8 will help you
- All About Prolapse - and how to avoid pelvic organs prolapse after your hysterectomy
- Read about pelvic pain and the causes of pelvic pain
- The Kegel8 Guide to Hysterectomy, including Why Do I Need a Hysterectomy, the side effects, and recovery times.