Designed By Women Who Understand
The UK's Best Selling Pelvic Toner
Noticeable Results Within Weeks
NMES - Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) is also known as EMS or Electrical muscle stimulation or electromyostimulation and it involves using an electrical pulse or signal to create a muscle contraction. NMES is becoming increasingly popular and features widely in clinical experiments within different clinical environments.
NMES is used in the following ways:
- Strength training for athletes, sportsmen and women
- Rehabilitation following injury and/or surgery
- Mobilise weak and wasted muscles (muscle atrophy)
- Test muscle strength and capacity.
How Does NMES Work?
Our body uses electrical signals all the time. For instance if you want to tense the bicep muscle in your arm, your brain sends an electrical signal to your muscle via your central nervous system. When the signal reaches your bicep, it causes the muscle to contract, and when the signal is not present, your muscle relaxes again. A Kegel8 NMES Pelvic Toner works in a very similar way - it sends electric pulses or signals to precise areas of the weakened muscles in your pelvic area, causing them to contract and relax.
Electrical pulses are generated through the NMES device (such as the Kegel8 Ultra 20 or The Kegel8 Tight & Tone Pelvic Toner and they are transmitted via sticky electrode pads through the surface of the skin or by using an electrode probe vaginally or anally. The electrode pads or probes are positioned on or over the muscles to be stimulated. The electrical pulses mimic the command that causes the muscles to contract.
Will NMES Perform Pelvic Floor Exercise?
YES! Even on really weak ones. Many women and men find that due to injury or ageing, the muscles in the pelvic floor become damaged or weak. This can result in bladder weakness, lack of intimate sensation and even prolapse - that’s where organs in the pelvic floor fall downwards out of position. If the pelvic floor muscles are very weak sometimes it is impossible to perform a manual 'kegel squeeze' because the muscles won't move, the signal or pulse from the brain via the central nervous system won't cause a contraction or only very weak muscle movement. NMES gently 'fires' or stimulates the muscles back into action. Totally painless NMES stimulates a contraction which causes the muscle or muscles to contract, when the signal or pulse stops the muscle then relaxes. The contraction and relaxation mimics normal exercise and will help to rebuild the strength, control and sensation back into the pelvic floor muscles.
- You want to kegel exercise? That's great! But what else can you do to make your kegel exercises even more effective and get a stronger pelvic floor faster?
- Kegel8 Pelvic Toners and improved Sexual Initimacy
- See the UKs best pelvic floor exercise machine the Kegel8 Ultra 20 Pelvic Toner - it can help with stress urinary incontinence, prolapse and intimate sensation.
- You want to learn how to do kegel exercises? That's great you've come to the right place! So what else can you do to make sure your kegel exercises get you a stronger pelvic floor faster?