Designed By Women Who Understand
The UK's Best Selling Pelvic Toner
Noticeable Results Within Weeks
A ring pessary is a type of pessary that is recommended for help with stress urinary incontinence. A cystocele (bladder prolapse) is treated with a 'ring pessary with support' - one with a filled-in centre.
Various symptoms can also be addressed by one pessary, for instance if you have stress incontinence and cystocele you would benefit most from a ring pessary ring with both support and a knob (as shown in the diagram below)
Stress urinary incontinence can also be treated with a ring pessary with knob (as shown in the diagram below)
Ring Pessary Success is Clinically Proven
Medical research shows that a ring pessary can actually slow the development of pelvic organ prolapse and also improve the severity of prolapse. When used in conjunction with kegel exercises a ring pessary can be particularly effective.
Ring pessary use reduces the genital hiatus width sometimes after just just 2 weeks of use - others can range up to 3 months of use.
Reducing the width of the genital hiatus can reduce your chance of prolapse. Wearing a ring pessary can also be a preventative measure against prolapse as well as for incontinence and existing pelvic organ prolapse, especially in sportswomen and those doing heavy lifting and manual work.
A full pessary range is available by mail order from www.stressnomore.co.uk.
Kegel8 and Pessary Use
Kegel exercises with a pessary in place or by using vaginal weights, or other pelvic toners such as a Kegel8 will make your pelvic floor exercise even more effective in a far shorter amount of time. The use of these 'resistance' devices (as with any muscle training) makes pelvic exercising more effective faster. What happens is that when you wear a pessary is that it causes you to perform pelvic floor exercises unconsciously (isotonic) to hold the pessary in position. This is probably the mechanism by which using a vaginal pessary decreases the size of the genital hiatus ('sagging' or widening of the pelvic floor).
- Clinical studies show that after just 3 months of pessary use, genital hiatus size decreased significantly. Pessary use results in significant anatomical changes to the genital hiatus in patients with pelvic organ prolapse1.
1 Effect of Pessary Use on Genital Hiatus Measurements in Women With Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Jones, Keisha MD; Yang, Linda MD; Lowder, Jerry L. MD; Meyn, Leslie MS; Ellison, Rennique; Zyczynski, Halina M. MD; Moalli, Pamela MD, PhD; Lee, Ted MD
- Clinical Evidence1 shows that the use of a pessary can slow the development or severity of your prolapse and could also help to make your prolapse less severe.
- If you suffer prolapse it is really important to Kegel exercise as well as wearing a pessary. The most effective way to do pelvic floor exercise is with a Kegel8!
- Pelvic Floor Exercise and a Ring Pessary can prevent prolpase - start now!
- Stress incontinence can be helped by using a ring pessary, read more about Stress incontinence