12 Week Pelvic Floor Exercise Plan
Like all muscles, your pelvic floor muscles need regular exercise to remain strong. Within 4-12 weeks, depending on your commitment and starting strength, you can reach your optimum pelvic floor health through pelvic floor exercises, when combined with lifestyle changes.
A pelvic floor disorder should be considered as a life-time condition. Even if it seems resolved, it can return if your pelvic floor muscles are allowed to weaken. Therefore it's essential that, like any other muscle, you concentrate on maintaining it's strength throughout your life. Following the 12 weeks of intensive exercise, manually or with an electronic toner, you should begin a maintenance programme. For advice on times when your pelvic floor is at greater risk of weakening, and you should step up your exercise programme, visit our How Often Should You Do Pelvic Floor Exercises page.
The Kegel8 12 Week Pelvic Floor Exercise Plan
At Kegel8 we have developed our own pelvic floor exercise plan, designed to get you started and keep you motivated. Subscribe to receive one email every fortnight over the next 12 weeks, containing information on:
- How to isolate your pelvic floor muscles and contract your pelvic floor.
- How to complete an effective Kegel.
- Top lifestyle tips for keeping your pelvic floor healthy.
- Measuring your success with a biofeedback trainer.
- Enhanced aerobic Kegel exercises.
- Common mistakes - using an electronic pelvic toner and vaginal cones.
- Expert Physiotherapist advice.
- Discounts on Kegel8 products.
- Maintaining your pelvic floor following the 12 week plan.