Kegel8 Comfort Dilator Set
- Designed alongside leading Gynaecologists & GP’s to alleviate the symptoms of dyspareunia, vaginismus, endometriosis & narrowing that occurs as a result of certain cancer treatments
- Includes 5 dilators that graduate in size – increase the size at your own pace to train & strengthen the muscles
- Dilator therapy is a physiotherapist approved technique for rehabilitating tight & damaged muscles
- Set includes specially formulated Kegel8 Comfort Gel to minimise discomfort & ensure easy insertion
- Comes complete with a unique grooved handle that attaches to the dilators in a simple twist motion for ease of use & perfect positioning
Dilator therapy is a physiotherapist approved technique for the prevention of pelvic floor problems, as well as the rehabilitation of tight or damaged muscles. This type of therapy may be performed vaginally or anally, depending upon the type of treatment required; in some cases, it is the rectum that requires widening due to anorectal surgery.
Approximately 1 in 10 British women find vaginal penetration painful. Not only can this lead to relationship problems, it may also impact overall wellbeing due to its adverse effect on confidence and mental health. Dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse/penetration) may occur for several different reasons, including vaginismus, illnesses, or medical conditions (such as endometriosis), as a result of pelvic surgery or cancer treatments, or due to the menopause. Whatever the cause, the impact of dyspareunia on our everyday lives and the importance of training/rehabilitating the muscles should never be underestimated.
Many of us will experience dyspareunia at some point during out lives, particularly as we reach the menopause. Indeed, the menopause causes our vagina to become drier, less elastic, and narrower, typically making penetration more uncomfortable and oftentimes painful. Vaginismus is also a common complaint amongst women. This is when the vaginal muscles involuntarily spasm during penetration, making it painful and, in some cases, impossible.
The Kegel8 Comfort Dilator Set has been expertly developed by GP’s and Gynaecologists. It includes 5 different dilators that graduate in size for training the muscles and progressing at your own pace:
- Dilator Size 0 - 7cm x 1.5cm (2.75 inches x 0.62 inches)
- Dilator Size 1 - 9cm x 2cm (3.5 inches x 0.75 inches)
- Dilator Size 2 - 11cm x 2.5cm (4.25 inches x 1.25 inches)
- Dilator Size 3 - 14cm x 3cm (5.5 inches x 1.25 inches)
- Dilator Size 4 - 16cm x 3.5cm (6.25 inches x 1.5 inches
Complete with a unique grooved handle that attaches to the dilators in a simple twist motion, the Kegel8 Comfort Dilator Set has been ergonomically designed for ease of use. Indeed, the handle allows for perfect positioning, optimum control, and targeted treatment. For best results, it is recommended that you leave your chosen dilator (which will likely increase in size as your muscles become stronger) in position for between 5 and 20 minutes twice daily for the first six weeks and then 3 times a week for the next six months.
You’ll find detailed instructions included with your Kegel8 Comfort Dilator set.
|Included Contents||5 x Kegel8 Dilators, Kegel8 Lubricant (100ml), Storage Case|
|Material||Body Safe Plastic|