Kegel8 Vaginal Atrophy & Dryness Supplement Pack
- Vitamin C helps create collagen in the body when taken as a daily supplement.
- Vitamin D decreases vaginal dryness caused by menopause.
- 12 week (3 month) supply to be taken daily. Use alongside pelvic exercises for even better results.
- Worth more than £55, save over £10.
- Produced exclusively here in the UK for Kegel8.
The term vaginal atrophy describes vaginal walls that are thin, dry, pale and sometimes inflamed. The collagen fibres tend to swell and hyalinise (become transparent or nearly transparent), which leads to increased connective tissue and loss of elasticity finally resulting in decreased vaginal length, diameter and distensibility.
What can cause vaginal dryness, or vaginal atrophy?
- The drop in oestrogen associated with menopause
- Birth control pill
- Medication such as that used for acne
Why is it important to combat vaginal dryness or vaginal atrophy?
- Prevent UTI’s - A healthy vagina has a pH level of about 4.5. An atrophic vagina has a much more alkaline pH of about 5 or 6. When the pH levels are out of sync like this, there is a tendency to get repeated urinary tract infections (UTIs) and vaginal infections such as bacterial vaginosis (BV).
- Discomfort - Vaginal atrophy is associated with reduced tissue elasticity, reduced natural lubrication and reduced sexual desire, poor arousal coupled with diminished sensory response may also reduce orgasm intensity. Some women find walking too uncomfortable if the vaginal dryness is particularly bad.
- Pelvic floor exercise using an electronic toner is uncomfortable - Exercising your pelvic floor muscles will help improve circulation and muscle strength, however if you suffer from vaginal atrophy you may find that exercising with an electronic pelvic floor toner, such as the Kegel8 Ultra 20, slightly uncomfortable.
There are several things you should do to treat your vaginal dryness or vaginal atrophy. Use a topical oestrogen cream (prescribed by your GP) or a vaginal moisturiser each day to keep the vaginal tissue plump and comfortable. It is essential to keep the vagina pain free, and free from cuts and tears that can happen to the weakened compromised tissue of an atrophic vagina.
The selection of vitamins and minerals we have selected for our Kegel8 12 Week Vaginal Atrophy & Dryness Supplement Pack features ingredients clinically proven to help with the painful symptoms of vaginal dryness and atrophy. Kegel8 supplements should be taken daily and will last you 12 weeks (3 months). Used alongside our 12 week Kegel exercise programme, you will see even greater improvement in improving the strength and circulation in the pelvic area. This will in turn help to keep the vagina healthy, improve sensation and maximise circulation in the pelvic area.
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin C
- Beta Carotene (provitamin A)
- Power Dophilus
The information provided here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your GP if you have any questions or concerns.
Vitamin D3 for Resolving pH Issues and Improving Cell Health
Vitamin D is especially useful for women who are experiencing vaginal dryness because of the menopause, as it decreases the pH back to its healthy level and improves cell health. You can supplement vitamin D in the form of vitamin D3.
Vitamin C for Collagen Formation
For healthy collagen formation to improve vaginal elasticity. This nutrient is essential for healthy collagen formation and collagen gives the vaginal tissue its elasticity back.
Beta Carotene (Provitamin A) to Relieve Vaginal Dryness
Vaginal dryness is a common problem for women during and after menopause, symptoms of vaginal dryness include itching and stinging around the vaginal opening and in the lower third of the vagina. Vaginal dryness also makes intercourse uncomfortable.
To relieve this condition, use lubricants and nourish the body with a variety of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B12 and essential fatty acids.
Power Dophilus to Encourage the Growth of Good Bacteria
A mixture of probiotics which encourage the growth of good bacteria in the vagina.
Our Power Dophilus includes the bacteria lactobacillus acidophilus and lactobacillus helveticus. Early studies suggest that when the bacteria lactobacilli dominate the vagina they increase the lactic acid x11, helping to restore a healthy pH in the vagina.
This pack contains:
Power Dophilus – 180 capsules
Beta Carotene – 90 capsules
Vitamin D3 – 90 capsules
Vitamin C – 90 capsules
|Recommended For||Supplement pack designed specifically to help with the painful symptoms of vaginal dryness and atrophy|
|Included Contents||3 month supply of the following supplements: Beta Carotene, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C and Power Dophilus|
 Rad, P. Tadayon, M. Abbaspour, M. Latifi, S. M. Rashidi, I. Delaviz, H. (2015). Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research. The effect of vitamin D on vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women. [online] 20(2), p211-215. [viewed 12/04/18] Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387645/
|Dosage||Check individual product pages for dosage|
|Size||3 month pack|