Kegel8 Vitamin D3 Mint Flavoured Oral Spray 1000iu
- Low Vitamin D deficiency linked to pelvic floor prolapse and weak pelvic floor muscle problems
- Stress Urinary Incontinence & faecal incontinence associated with Vit D deficiency
- If you are overweight Vitamin D gets trapped in fat cells, your body can’t use it.
- Higher levels of Vitamin D decreases the risk of pelvic floor dysfunction
- One spray per day, bottle contains 100+ sprays D3 (provitamin D)
- Buy 2 for £6.65 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £6.30 each and save 10%
Vitamin D3 Minty Flavoured Mouth Spray, the breath freshener that strengthens the muscles of the pelvic floor!
Vitamin D? We need sunshine for the body to produce it, otherwise supplement with Vitamin D3
Fast acting, this Vitamin D3 minty oral spray is a one-spray a day way to get Vitamin D quickly into your system so that you can enjoy all the benefits of this vital supplement. In an ideal world our body produces its own Vitamin D with the help of the sun, but what happens when the sun doesn’t shine, or you live her in the UK and the daily exposure recommendation of 1 hour is impossible?
The more we researched about the effects of Vitamin D deficiency within the body and the consequences for the pelvic floor, the more we knew we had to offer both the Vitamin D3 capsule, as well as this handy (pop it in your handbag) breath freshener.
Are Women More Susceptible to Vitamin D Deficiency and What About Menopausal Weight Gain?
Statistics show that after the age of 40, women gain up to 1lb (half a kg) in body weight per year. When we hit menopause this weight gain is likely to increase again due to hormonal and physical changes. Worse still is that a lot of the weight gain can be concentrated around the hips, thighs and stomach areas, the areas which make us more self-conscious and the area that weighs directly on our pelvic floor, stressing and challenging the weak pelvic floor muscles. That’s why many of us develop stress incontinence symptoms in perimenopause and menopause. The pelvic floor muscle structure also gets weaker due to lower oestrogen levels and drop in collagen levels which means that our muscles and skin lose their tone, elasticity and capacity to support like they once did. So, that’s us carrying an extra stone or 6.5 kilos in body weight in 10 years on an already over stressed pelvic floor – but what does that have to do with Vitamin D?
"Vitamin D3 is vital for you and a strong supportive pelvic floor, I think it could help prevent prolapse. Keep your pelvic floor muscles healthy especially around the time of menopause. I urge all woman to take this supplement."
Stephanie Taylor - Founder
Here’s the added downside to that menopausal weight gain...Vitamin D gets trapped by those fat cells, the fat cells make Vitamin D a prisoner - just when your pelvic floor needs it the most! Your body needs Vitamin D to build muscle which is rapidly deteriorating because of plummeting hormone levels. Ironically when you need as much Vitamin D as you can get, your body is locking it away in those unwanted fat cells and your pelvic floor is paying the price!
Here at Kegel8 we know how important Vitamin D3 is for your pelvic floor and how supplementing can help to improve your pelvic floor muscle exercises. We offer both Vitamin D3 capsules, and this handy-no-brainer Vitamin D3 mouth freshener. Keep one in your handbag or your car, to freshen up after that ‘coffee breath’ and treat your pelvic floor at the same time. We’d also like to help you take advantage of the proven benefits of Vitamin D3 as an adjunct to your pelvic floor muscle exercises so we’ve added an offer of a ‘Get 3 for 2 offer’ – so choose 3 Kegel8 supplements from our range, put them into the online basket and we'll give you the cheapest one for free. A strong pelvic floor starts with good nutrition so give yourself the best start possible and boost the nutrients that your pelvic floor is missing. In this Vitamin D3 oral spray there are over 100 sprays, one or two a day is a great accompanyment to your 12 week Kegel8 Exercise Plan!
Kegel8 strongly recommends you consider supplementing with the Vitamin D3 Minty Oral Spray (provitamin D) for the following reasons:
You Must Supplement with Vitamin D3 if you have Pelvic Organ Prolapse & weak pelvic floor muscles ✔
- A study researching the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in women suffering with pelvic floor symptoms and pelvic floor problems. The survey concluded that ‘Higher vitamin D levels are associated with a decreased risk of pelvic floor disorders in women.
- Vitamin D in doses of 800-5000 IU/day have been shown in studies to improve musculoskeletal health, naturally slow the ageing process of the skeletal structure, and reduce the rate of falls and fractures adults over 65 years of age. 
- Pelvic floor dysfunction such as urinary incontinence (UI), faecal incontinence (FI), pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and other storage and emptying problems of the lower urinary and gastrointestinal tracts. Weakness of the pelvic floor muscles is clinically observed in women with symptoms of pelvic floor disorder and thus may be impacted by insufficient serum Vitamin D. The Vitamin D receptor has also been identified in the bladder wall muscle (the detrusor muscle). A reduced level of Vitamin D may also have an adverse impact on bladder function. 
- In a study of Vitamin D deficiency in postmenopausal women with pelvic floor disorders results show an association of vitamin D deficiency and pelvic floor dysfunction in postmenopausal women. It was also noted that in women who were post menopause, there was a high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency. This clearly shows the need to evaluate vitamin D levels in these women. 
You Must Supplement with Vitamin D3 for Pelvic Pain & Vulvodynia ✔
- Many women who suffer with vulvodynia are deficient in essential nutrients for the vulvar, vaginal, and pelvic tissues to function at their best. Vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acid, other antioxidant, B vitamin, and magnesium deficiencies are frequently present. 
You Must Supplement with Vitamin D3 for Vaginal dryness and Vaginal ✔
- Vitamin D has been proven to be effective in improving oestrogen in the 3 main types of cells and decrease vaginal pH and dryness of the vaginal atrophy due to menopause. 
- Vitamin D and E have been proven to help with the painful symptoms of vaginal atrophy. Vitamin D regulates the growth and differentiation of many cells, especially those in the vagina. Women, post menopause who supplemented with Vitamin D, had stratified epithelium with superficial intermediate basal in ratio of 35:45:20 whereas those untreated with vitamin D were in the ratio of 5:13:64.
You Must Supplement with Vitamin D3 if you have Overactive bladder symptoms of frequency and urgency ✔
- Resolution of UI (urinary incontinence) with Vitamin D supplementation was reported by Jen-Tzer Gau in a few case studies of 
- Stress incontinence improves under a combination of local administered estriol and vitamin D.
You Must Supplement with Vitamin D3 if you suffer Faecal Incontinence ✔
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased faecal incontinence symptoms in women. 
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20308841 Vitamin D and pelvic floor disorders in women:results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination survey. Conculsion: Higher Vitamin D levels are associated with a decreased risk of pelvic floor disorders in women.
- Vitamin D supplementation, what's known, whats to do and what's needed https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22461123
- Vitamin D and Pelvic Floor Disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5625572/ Human and animal studies concistantly demonstrate a relationship between Vitamin D and muscle growth and function.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26167056 Vitamin D Deficiency in postmenospusal women with pelvic floor disorders including pelvic organ prolpase, stress urinary incontinence, or those suffering both symptoms.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26167056 FIndings suggest association of vitamin D deficiency and pelvic floor disorders in postmenopausal women in addition, postmenopausal women have a high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency indicating a need to evaluate vitamin D levels in these women.
- Stephanie Yeagar’s PainDownThere.com with Dr Jessica Drummond. 6 Steps to Take If You Have Vulvodynia.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387645/ Vitamin D is effective in improving the maturation index and decreased the pH and dryness of the vaginal strophy due to menopause.
- http://www.jaypeejournals.com/eJournals/ShowText.aspx?ID=3771&Type=FREE&TYP=TOP&IN=~/eJournals/images/JPLOGO.gif&IID=296&isPDF=YES Atrophic Vaginitis - Vitamin D and E both have been found to be beneficial to vaginal atrophy symptoms. It is seen that Vitamin D in involved in the regulation of growth and differentiation of many cells.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5625572/ Vitamin D levels and pelvic floor disorders.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27195052 Stress Incontinence - High dosed vitamin D may improve effects of local estriol.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24807423 Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased faecal incontinence symptoms. Vitamin D deficiency is prevalent in women with faecal incontinence.
Food supplements must not be used instead of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use, especially if you are already under medical supervision, taking any medications, pregnant or breastfeeding. Stop use immediately and consult a doctor if you have any adverse reactions. Keep out of reach of children. Supplements should be stored in a cool and dry place and should never be used if the seal on the packaging is damaged or missing. For directions for use, please refer to the instructions on the packaging.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure product information is up to date on our website, please always read labels, warning and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product.
|Ingredients||Deionised water, humectant (sorbitol), sweetener (xylitol), vitamin D3 oil (medium chain triglycerides), vitamin E (as dl-alpha tocopherol), vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol), stabiliser (xanthan gum), preservatives (citric acid, potassium sorbate), flavour|
|Recommended For||Body strengthening vitamin, if you have prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction it is essential you supplement especially if you are overweight.|
|Can be used with||Supplement as part of your Kegel8 Pelvic Exercise programme, can be taken with Vitamin D3 capsules to boost Vitamin D (the sunshine vitamin) levels.|
|Included Contents||50ml spray|
|Does Not Include||Gluten, Starch, Lactose, Wheat, Yeast, Fish, Porcine, Egg, Nuts, Artificial Flavours.|
|Dosage||Spray once per day|