Talented Comedian, Physiotherapist, head Gusset Gripper, and friend of Kegel8, Elaine Miller has hit the headlines this week.
In a film for the BBC, Elaine meets a group of new mums to discuss the importance of pelvic floor exercises following pregnancy and childbirth. The video has now been viewed more than 1.6 million times on Facebook alone and has been trending all week on the BBC news homepage.
We're delighted that so many people are interested in learning more about pelvic floor exercises. Even if it took Elaine having to dress up as a vulva to achieve it...
And what does Elaine think of her new found fame? "It’s really exciting that women are hearing #dontputupwithit!”
Elaine's 5 Top Tips to Save Your Pelvic Floor
- A Kegel contraction is the same as if you were holding a fart in.
- Breathe in, sigh out, squeeze and lift your pelvic floor.
- Avoid bladder irritants like energy drinks, coffee and alcohol. It's all about the H2O.
- Don't get constipated! Sigh, hiss, moo to stop you from straining when you poo.
- Quick flicks every day keeps the Physiotherapist away!
Where can you see Elaine?
You can catch Elaine's comedy show, Gusset Grippers, at this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Tickets available.