Osalis Vitamin D3 10,000IU
- New & improved, super strength 10,000 iu Vitamin D supplement - each 'pearl' contains on average 10,000iu (250mcg) of Vitamin D3 that the body can use instantly.
- Known a 'The Sunshine Vitamin' increases muscle and bone strength for a healthier pelvic floor & enhances Kegel exercises for optimum results
- Vitamin D is essential for a healthy immune system & is reported to protect against many respiratory illnesses/infections, including COVID-19
- Easy to swallow small capsules – 3 month supply (90 capsules)
- QUality checked ingredients, Produced and packaged for Osalis® in the UK
Vitamin D? We need sunshine for the body to produce it, otherwise it is essential to supplement with Vitamin D3. This is more important than ever as we increasingly spend more and more time indoors!
Not many of us would object to naturally boosting our Vitamin D levels – safe exposure to the sun is the best way, 10 – 20 minutes a day - but what happens if you’re resident here in the Northern Hemisphere where the sun doesn’t shine for days on end and the recommended exposure goes up to 1 hour? Vitamin D is essential for bone health and a healthy immune system, so supplementing with Vitamin D3 (also known as provitamin D) is essential. In fact, research suggests, that Vitamin D protects against a number of respiratory illnesses and infections, including COVID-19.
Eating foods rich in Vitamin D such as oily fish, mushrooms and raw milk can help but it estimated that 80% of us are Vitamin D deficient resulting in high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis, depression, insomnia, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, asthma, osteoporosis and diabetes.
Are you overweight? Bad news for your Vitamin D levels as well as your pelvic floor I’m afraid. You see Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin which is stored in the liver and fatty tissues. Our body makes most of the Vitamin D we need, but increased body fat absorbs Vitamin D and stops the body from using it. Excess weight is hugely detrimental for the pelvic floor muscles, it literally ‘weighs-down’ the muscles, sometimes to breaking point, so not only is our pelvic floor struggling to support this extra weight, it is also doing so without the benefit of Vitamin D which is being cruelly locked away from the muscles. Double whammy.
Eating well? Your body might be telling you something completely different…
We all want to live for as long as possible and life expectancy is getting longer that’s the good news, however here’s the downside, the quality of life expectancy is not. Osalis has spent months researching the latest clinical and dietary advice and evidence that will help to maximise pelvic floor health. By supplementing with Vitamin D3 you are giving your pelvic floor a head-start, it cannot be emphasised too much how important this supplement is for your pelvic floor.
A study by the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey has found that higher levels of vitamin D have a direct correlation to a decreased risk of any pelvic floor disorders. Dr Samuel Badalain (M.D; Ph.D; D.Med.Sc) explained that ‘a vitamin D deficiency has long been clinically associated with impaired muscle strength and loss of muscle mass’ and that the lowered vitamin D status can lead to many types of pelvic floor disorder, such as urinary/faecal incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Dr Badalain has commented on the need for further investigation on the great benefits of supplementing your vitamin D intake saying; ‘Given the increase in the number of patients with pelvic floor disorders, further evaluation of the road of vitamin D is warranted’.
Your pelvic floor is supported by many muscles and ligaments. Over time, a reduction in vitamin D depletes muscle mass and strength which eventually can lead to a pelvic organ prolapse, this is where the pelvic organs descend out of the vagina or rectum. Supplementing your vitamin D intake along with living healthily can help to prevent this life-inhibiting condition.
The Osalis Vitamin D3 supplements are designed to enhance the results of Kegel exercises and, combined with 12 weeks of concerted pelvic floor exercise, you’ll be amazed at the results! This Vitamin D3 supplement is formulated and made here in England, ensuring only the best quality ingredients in a fully inspected and certificated production facility. There is a three month supply of D3 supplement in each pot, and to help you take advantage of the benefits of Vitamin D3 for your pelvic floor muscles!p>
"We’ve championed Vitamin D3 for many years, it is vital for a strong and supportive pelvic floor to function properly. I urge all woman to take this supplement."
Stephanie Taylor - Founder
Kegel8 recommends you consider supplementing with Vitamin D3 (provitamin D) for the following reasons:
Consider Vitamin D if you have Pelvic Organ Prolapse & weak pelvic floor muscles ✔
- A study to estimate the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in women with pelvic floor disorders and to evaluate possible associations between vitamin D levels and pelvic floor disorders. CONCLUSION: Higher vitamin D levels are associated with a decreased risk of pelvic floor disorders in women. 
- Studies have shown that vitamin D in doses of 800-5000 IU/day can improve musculoskeletal health, naturally slow ageing of the skeletal structure, and reduce the rate of fractures and falls in older adults that are over 65. Just think of the difference these high strength tablets containing 10,000 IU of Vitamin D will make!
- Disorders of the pelvic floor include urinary incontinence (UI), faecal incontinence (FI), pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and other storage and emptying problems of the lower urinary and gastrointestinal tracts. Pelvic floor muscle weakness is clinically observed in women with pelvic floor disorder (PFD) symptoms and thus may be impacted by insufficient serum Vitamin D. The Vitamin D receptor has also been identified in the detrusor wall (muscle of the bladder) thus its insufficient level may impact bladder function also.
- Vitamin D deficiency in postmenopausal women with pelvic floor disorders. Findings suggest association of vitamin D deficiency and PFD in postmenopausal women. In addition, postmenopausal women have a high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency indicating a need to evaluate vitamin D levels in these women.
Consider Vitamin D3 for Pelvic Pain & Vulvodynia ✔
- Many women with vulvodynia lack essential nutrients for the vulvar, vaginal, and pelvic tissues to function optimally. Vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acid, other antioxidants, B vitamin, and magnesium deficiencies commonly show up. 
Consider Vitamin D3 for Vaginal dryness and Vaginal Atrophy ✔
- Vitamin D is effective in improving the maturation index (the oestrogen in the 3 main types of cells) and decreased the pH and dryness of the vaginal atrophy due to menopause.
- Vitamin D and E have both been found to be beneficial to vaginal atrophy. It is seen that vitamin D is involved in the regulation of growth and differentiation of many cells. Especially stratified squamous epithelium, as present in the vagina, is under control of vitamin D. Post- menopausal women given vitamin D, had stratified epithelium with superficial intermediate basal in ratio of 35:45:20 whereas those untreated with vitamin D were in the ratio of 5:13:64.
Vitamin D Stats Consider Vitamin D3 if you have Overactive bladder symptoms of frequency and urgency ✔
- Jen-Tzer Gau reported a few case studies of resolution of UI with Vitamin D supplementation. 
- Stress incontinence (being incapable of retaining urine when the intra-abdominal pressure arises) in lower and middle grade, improves their body conditions under a combination of local administered estriol and vitamin D.
Consider Vitamin D3 if you suffer Faecal Incontinence ✔
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased faecal incontinence symptoms. Vitamin D deficiency is prevalent in women with faecal incontinence and may contribute to patient symptom burden.
"Vitamin D3 is so important we have capsules and a refreshing, minty oral spray. My advice? Keep one in your handbag or car. The evidence linking a weak pelvic floor to low Vitamin D3 levels is irrefutable – get D3 anyway you can!"
Stephanie Taylor - Founder
- Vitamin D and pelvic floor disorders in women: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey PubMed www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20308841
- Vitamin D supplementation: what's known, what to do, and what's needed.
- Vitamin D and Pelvic Floor Disorders Vitamin D and Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Vitamin D deficiency in postmenopausal women with pelvic floor disorders.
- Stephanie Yeagar’s PainDownThere.com with Dr Jessica Drummond. 6 Steps to Take If You Have Vulvodynia.
- The effect of vitamin D on vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women
- The effect of vitamin D on vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women Atrophic Vaginitis Diagnosis and treatment
- Vitamin D and Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Stage I and II Stress Incontinence (SIC): High dosed vitamin D may improve effects of local estriol.
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased fecal incontinence symptoms.
- Vegetarian X
- Vegan X
- Gluten Free ✔
- Yeast Free ✔
- Lactose Free ✔
- No Artificial Colours ✔
- No Artificial Preservatives ✔
- Egg Free ✔
- Nut Free ✔
- Fish Free ✔
- Porcine Free ✔
- Alcohol Free ✔
- Soya Free X
- Sweetener Free ✔
- Hormone Free ✔
Food supplements must not be used instead of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use, especially if you are already under medical supervision, taking any medications, pregnant or breastfeeding. Stop use immediately and consult a doctor if you have any adverse reactions. Keep out of reach of children. Supplements should be stored in a cool and dry place and should never be used if the seal on the packaging is damaged or missing. For directions for use, please refer to the instructions on the packaging.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure product information is up to date on our website, please always read labels, warning and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product.
|Ingredients||Sunflower Oil, Capsule Shell (Gelatine Bovine), Glycerine, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) Compound Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglycerides, DL - Alpha Tocopherol|
|Recommended For||Supplement Low Levels of Vitamin D|