Designed By Women Who Understand
The UK's Best Selling Pelvic Toner
Noticeable Results Within Weeks
A Cystocele, or bladder prolapse can affect you in various ways:
- Cystocele / Bladder Prolapse
- The front wall of the vagina supports the bladder and it can weaken and loosen with age. If it deteriorates the bladder can prolapse or fall into the vagina. A Cystocele is the most common type of pelvic organ prolapse and is commonly associated with prolapses of other organs.
- Urethrocele or Urethra Prolapse
- The urethra carries urine from the bladder out of the body. A prolapsed urethra occurs when the tissues surrounding the urethra drop downwards into the vagina.
- Often the bladder and urethra will prolapse together this is known as Cystourethrocele.
Healthy Pelvic Floor
Example of a Cystocele
What causes the Bladder and/or Urethra to prolapse?
- Pregnancy/multiple childbirths with normal or complicated vaginal delivery.
- Weak pelvic floor muscles.
- Menopause – the pelvic floor muscles can weaken due to reduced oestrogen levels.
- Chronic coughing, straining through constipation and heavy lifting.
What are the signs of a Bladder or Urethra Prolapse?
- Pelvic pain, lower back pain.
- Stress Incontinence.
- Difficulty urinating, feeling of incomplete voiding.
- Frequent bladder infections.
- Painful sexual intercourse.
What can be done?
- Do Kegel exercises to help strengthen the muscles of the pelvic area and prevent further worsening of the prolapse (and further prolapses).
- Wear a vaginal pessary.
- Surgery to support the bladder using tape or mesh.
- Use a Kegel8 Ultra 20 Pelvic Toner - this features a programme especially for prolapse, and can help to reduce symptoms and improve your prolapse (depending on severity).