We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us over the phone, online, via email, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media.
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do send direct email marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you want us to stop then please unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any email that we have sent you via the account section on the website
- We also use your information to display more relevant online advertising and marketing relating to our products and services on Kegel8 and other online media channels.
- Our websites and apps are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect children’s data.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Your account login details for our websites and apps, including your username and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, if you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, and how you interact with them. For example, whether the communication has been opened, if you have clicked on any links within that communication and the device you used. We do this because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our services;
- Information from other sources, such as specialist companies that provide customer information. For example, marketing and research companies, social media providers, as well as information that is publicly available.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information, we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose (s);
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services - we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services, or enter one of our competitions then we’re delighted, thank you. After that, we need to provide them to you, process your payment and sometimes award you reward points. We need to use your details to do all this.
- To improve your shopping experience - we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a best-in-class shopping experience, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding the products and services you buy and how you use and browse our websites helps us to do this.
- Analytics and profiling - we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy, how you interact with the website creating profiles about you. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our product offering, services and website. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
- Contacting you - we use your personal information to contact you. This may be in relation to a service update, an issue you have raised with us, to conduct market research or to ask for your feedback.
- Marketing and advertising - we use your personal information to provide relevant marketing communications (including by email, phone, SMS, post or online advertising), relating to our products and services. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on other websites and online media channels. We may also use information about how you shop with us to measure the effectiveness of these campaigns.
Cookies and similar technologies
Who might we share your personal information with?
Kegel8 may share some of your personal information in certain circumstances with other companies so that we can provide you with a high quality, personalised and tailored service (including relevant marketing).
Our service providers - we work with different companies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us, or we think you might be interested in. These third parties include:
- Advertising companies, who help us place Kegel8 adverts online and on other media;
- Social media providers - such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- Market research partners, who help us analyse customer behaviour;
- Companies that deploy our email campaigns because they need to know your email address to carry out these services;
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services so we can stock the right products, send the relevant marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better;
- Third party vendors who help us manage and maintain the Kegel8 IT infrastructure;
- Logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you order on our websites;
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as clinicians and consultants;
- Companies who administer competitions for us so they run smoothly;
- Companies that enable us to collect your reviews and comments, both online and offline.
If you use the services provided by another company to interact with us, such as a virtual assistant or a social media platform, please be aware that your data is also subject to the privacy policies of these companies.
Other organisations and individuals - we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services.
International transfers of personal information
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability;
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
- We utilise industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system;
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights”, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: [email protected]
By post: Data Protection Officer at Privacy Team, Savantini House, Foster Street, Hull HU8 8BT
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.