The Male Pelvic Floor and Benefits of Kegels for Men
The pelvic floor is an important part of every man's body, and because we can't see it, it often gets neglected. The male pelvic floor is a layer of muscle and other tissues that stretch from the tailbone to the pubic bone. It supports the bladder and bowel, with the urine tube and back passage both passing through the pelvic floor muscles.
The pelvic floor helps you to control your bladder and bowel and plays an important role in healthy sexual function. A strong and healthy pelvic floor can help you to prevent and treat pelvic pain and lack of sensation too.
Symptoms and Causes of a Man's Weak Pelvic Floor
Common symptoms associated with a weak pelvic floor include:
- Bladder leaks with activity, e.g. running, jumping, coughing, and sneezing
- A sudden urge to pass urine
- Leakage of stool from the back passage
- Erectile dysfunction
Weak pelvic floor muscles can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Chronic cough
- Being overweight
- Pelvic trauma or surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Repeated heavy lifting
But, pelvic floor muscle strength can be improved and maintained just like any other muscle in the body.
The Benefits of Kegels for Men
By improving and maintaining the strength of your pelvic floor, you can expect to see noticeable improvements within a few weeks. Regularly performing pelvic floor exercises can help to:
- Prevent bladder and bowel weakness
- Improve and maintain healthy erectile function
- Reduce pelvic pain
- Naturally boost intimate sensations
"How do I know if I'm exercising my pelvic floor correctly?"
Kegel Products for Men
Kegel8 Has The Solution
- Medically approved electronic Kegel exerciser for men
- Electronically strengthens your pelvic floor
- Locates and exercises your pelvic floor muscles
- Programmes devised by physiotherapists
- Bladder and bowel control & improved sexual function
- Vigour – Virility – Vitality
The Ultimate Pelvic Floor Strengthener for Men
It can be hard to determine whether you're exercising your pelvic floor muscles correctly or not - after all, they're hard to see. But you can experience all the benefits of Kegel exercises with the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner. This CE-approved Kegel exercise product has been designed with leading pelvic health clinicians for men to tone, strengthen and invigorate the pelvic floor muscles.
The Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner harnesses your body's natural electric signals to stimulate an effective pelvic floor muscle contraction. Using an internal probe or skin electrode pads, you can regain your pelvic floor strength with the push of a button! Remove the guesswork from Kegel exercises with Kegel8.
Discover more about the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner today...
Did You Know?
Pelvic floor exercises are the NHS-recommended first-line treatment in tackling erectile dysfunction.
Don't suffer in silence. Kegel8 V For Men's medically-approved programmes can help you with a wide range of pelvic floor concerns:
- Lack of intimate sensation
- Bowel incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Problems with erections
- Premature ejaculation
- Pelvic pain (can be programmed to help with male pelvic pain)
- And much more!
What's more, Kegel8 V For Men's programmes have been developed in conjunction with a physiotherapist, and the device is classified as a Class IIa medical device, meaning that it is backed up with medical evidence, so you know that it works.
- Dr. Dorey, G. Pelvic floor exercises 'help men too' [online] BBC, 2003 [viewed 13/01/14].
Available from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3036188.stm