We all know the impact a weak pelvic floor can have on your life. Thankfully, now there’s something we can do about it. So, if you’re sick of trying to see the funny side of laughter leaks, tired of losing your grip on satisfying sex, or you simply want to regain control of your life and invest in your health, Kegel8 is here to help.
NMES (neuromuscular electrical stimulation) is where a muscle contraction is created through the use of an electrical impulse or signal. Designed to relieve bladder weakness and improve muscle strength, it is often used in devices that are specially made to treat urinary incontinence.
What is a pelvic floor exerciser?
Similar to transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), an NMES pelvic floor exercising device incorporates low voltage electrical impulses to access nerves. Whilst TENS is a form of electrical stimulation that can be used to modify pain by stimulating nerve signals, NMES can be used to stimulate nerves and muscles to cause a contraction. NMES is often used to enhance muscle strength, retrain muscles, and prevent atrophy.
How do pelvic toners work?
A Kegel8 NMES Pelvic Floor Toner works by sending electrical pulses or signals to precise areas of weakened muscles in your pelvic area, causing them to contract and relax. The electrical pulses are generated by your Kegel8 pelvic floor device and transmitted via either an internal or external electrode. The electrical pulses mimic the command that causes the muscles to contract.
Who can use an electrical pelvic floor toner?
This small yet effective pelvic floor exerciser from Kegel8 is used to improve a variety of pelvic floor-related conditions. If you are suffering from any of the below conditions, you may gain relief from using a Kegel8 pelvic floor toning device:
- Bladder weakness
- Urinary incontinence
- Faecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Lack of intimate sensation
- Pelvic pain
- Erectile difficulty
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
If you suffer from a medical condition, consult your healthcare professional before using a Kegel8 pelvic floor exerciser. NMES is safe to use and each device comes with a comprehensive manual and guidelines.
- If you have a pacemaker, speak to your healthcare professional before using a Kegel8 device.
- NMES should not be used if you are pregnant.
- External electrode pads should only be used as described in the manual.
- If you suffer from a form of pelvic cancer, do not use a Kegel8 electrical pelvic floor toner unless advised to do so by your healthcare provider.
Using a Kegel8 pelvic floor toning device can significantly help to improve your daily lifestyle through a variety of benefits the toner provides, including:
- Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles: NMES sends electrical impulses directly to the muscles within your pelvic floor, causing them to contract and relax. Frequent exercise with a Kegel8 electronic pelvic toner can help to keep the muscles healthy and strong.
- Pain relief: Using external electrode pads, you can use an NMES toner like a TENS machine in order to provide relief to painful muscles or nerves.
- No side effects: With a vast array of clinical studies supporting its use, NMES has no side effects, making it a safe and viable option for those thinking of using one.
- Portability: The Kegel8 NMES pelvic floor toner is a small and easy to maintain device. As Kegel8 pelvic floor toner’s run on batteries, it can be transported easily from one place to another – giving you relief whenever and wherever you need it.
- Long usage: A Kegel8 pelvic floor exerciser can be used for long periods of time without risk. Follow the provided manual and guidelines to avoid misuse.
- Affordable: Unlike similar pelvic floor toning machines, Kegel8’s range of pelvic floor exercisers are an affordable option. Other e-stim pelvic toners may cost you between £160-£200+.
- Relieve bladder weakness: NMES is a clinically-proven method of relieving and reducing incontinence in men and women.
- Manage a pelvic organ prolapse: Using NMES to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles can help to prevent a pelvic organ prolapse from worsening.
- Improve intimate sensation: Stronger pelvic floor muscles can result in more frequent and stronger orgasms during sexual intercourse. For men, strong pelvic floor muscles can also reduce the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
Which pelvic floor exerciser is right for me?
Wondering which is the best pelvic floor toner available? Look no further, take our quick quiz and discover which Kegel8 pelvic floor toner is right for you!
All of our pelvic floor exercisers are held to stringent standards to ensure that our customers are guaranteed a superior product.
Both manual and electric pelvic floor toners are available to provide you with options on your journey to regain control, and every product in Kegel8’s extensive collection is clinically proven and medically certified.