If you experience issues with connectivity, follow the directions below to test your Kegel8 unit.
The Water Test - Testing Your Probe
First follow the steps below to check your probe is working.
- Set up the unit as if you were going to use it and check the following:
- The programme is set to a PO (pre-set) programme, not a PC (customised) programme
- The probe is connected to Channel A at the left-hand side of the unit
- All wires are firmly pressed together
- Place the probe in a glass of lukewarm water. You need enough water for the electrodes to be fully submerged BUT make sure none of the wires are underwater.
- Increase the mA's on Channel A, using the left-hand side + button, all the way up to 90
If the mA's can increase to 90 the probe is working correctly. This suggests that any problem you are having is with the placement of the probe, and it is not connecting correctly to your muscle bed when it is inserted. See How to Connect Your Probe Correctly below for more details on inserting the probe correctly.
If the mA's do not increase to 90, try running the test again with a second lead wire. See The Water Test - Testing Your Lead Wires below for more details.
How to Connect Your Probe Correctly
A common reason why you may be unable to increase the mA's on your unit is that the electrodes on the probe do not have enough contact with your muscle bed. Follow the checks below to ensure your probe is positioned correctly.
- Check that the probe is inserted approximately 2 inches into the vagina with the electrodes (metal parts) facing hip to hip
- Check that you are using enough Kegel8 KE GEL Kegel Exercise Lubricant to help conduct the stimulation from your probe to your muscles
- Try exercising in a different position - sitting up allows the electrodes to make contact with your muscles easily
- Use less lubricant to avoid the probe moving whilst inserted
- Try a different probe which may be a better fit for your body
The Water Test - Testing Your Lead Wires
To test whether your lead wires are causing an issue, follow the The Water Test - Testing Your Probe test above once for each of your lead wires.
If the mA's can increase to 90 with one of the lead wires, then this indicates that the other is faulty, and should be replaced.
If the mA's do not increase to 90 and you are using the Kegel8 Ultra 20 of V for Men Electronic Pelvic Toner, try testing your probe and unit using the Skin Test - Testing Your Probe and Unit test below.
Skin Test - Testing Your Probe and Unit
If you are using the Kegel8 Ultra 20 of V for Men Electronic Pelvic Toner, and you have ruled out an issue with the probe and lead wires using the tests above, then complete the skin test to test the probe and unit.
- Connect the electrode pads to Channel A on the unit and place both electrodes onto your arm or leg
- Start a PO (pre-set) programme
- Increase the electrode pads to 10-15mA
If the electrode pads work and you can increase the mA's to 10-15, this indicates that your probe is faulty and should be replaced.
If the mA's on the electrode pads do not increase, please return the unit for testing.