Kegel8 Menstrual Cup
- Environmentally friendly and body safe alternative to tampons and pads - made from 100% medical grade silicone; phthalate, PVC and latex free
- Wear comfortably and confidently for up to 12 hours at a time
- Holds up to 5 times more blood than pads or tampons for incredible, reliable protection
- One cup can last 10 years with the proper care
- Reduce your risk of bacterial infections caused by toxins in tampons/pads and lower the risk of contracting toxic shock syndrome
Introducing the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup: Environmentally Friendly, Skin Safe and Financially Viable Period Protection
Why You Should Switch From Tampons to the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup
Read on to see the huge benefits of using the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup over tampons or pads; for the environment and your body.
- No more throwing your money away... literally! The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup can last up to 10 years. So no more spending on tampons and sanitary towels each month, saving you thousands of pounds.
- No more getting caught out: Is there anything worse than getting your period and realising you’re not stocked up on sanitary protection? This isn't an issue with the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup, just clean and reuse!
- Doing your bit to protect the environment: A single women uses an average of 16,000 tampons and pads in their lifetime. Tampons and pads take up to 800 years to decompose, with an estimated 2 billion flushed down Britain’s toilets each year. Costing our water and sewerage companies £88 million annually to unblock sewers, reflected in the cost of your bills.
- The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup protects you for longer: The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup holds 5 times more than the average tampon. So you can leave your cup in place for up to 12 hours without worrying about leaking.
- Stay healthy down there: Tampons don't just absorb blood, they strip your vaginal walls of its lining and soak up the healthy discharge you need to keep your body's natural flora at the optimum levels. The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup takes the blood and leaves everything else.
- Fits your body: Throughout your period you change tampon size to reflect your flow, an essential to reduce your risk of contaminating toxic shock syndrome and impacting your bodies natural good flora. The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup comes in two sizes; A and B. Pick the size that fits your body and use for the duration of your period without effecting your vaginal health.
- No more smelly, damp tampon string: The stem on the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup is made of medical grade silicone. Simply trim to a size that fits you, sitting just inside the vagina (away from the stream of urine).
- Detect possible endometriosis: The measurement lines on the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup can tell you whether you are having a light, medium or heavy flow. Very heavy periods are a sign of potential endometriosis. If you are concerned, speak to your doctor about how much blood you lose during your monthly cycle.
How Does a Menstrual Cup Work?
The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup sits inside the vagina and collects the blood lost during your period. Its design ensures no leakage occurs, and it's cone shape means it will stay in place. Far more comfortable than tampons, and better for your intimate flora, the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup is ideal from the first day of your period, to the last. You can even leave your cup in place for up to 12 hours before emptying and re-inserting, it’s that simple!
What Do You Get When You Buy the Single Menstrual Cup?
Your Kegel8 Menstrual Cup comes with a thorough and easy to follow set of instructions, as well as an an environmentally friendly cotton bag for safe and discreet storage between periods.
Which Size Menstrual Cup Should You Buy?
We offer 2 sizes of menstrual cup:
- Size A: recommended for women who have never given birth. Size A is 41mm (4.1cm/1.6inches) in diameter from outer edge to outer edge
- Size B: recommended for women who have given birth, this means any full-term delivery including c-section. Size B is 45mm (4.5cm/1.8inches) diameter from outer edge to outer edge
The size of menstrual cup you need will also depend on your body shape and size, so even if you haven’t given birth the larger size may be better for you. Similarly, you may have had a c-section but feel nothing has really changed since giving birth, in which case the smaller size may be suitable for you. We recommend you get an idea of the sizes using a measuring tape or ruler before purchasing.
Removing Your Menstrual Cup
Just pull down on the stem and tip the contents down the toilet, simple!
The newly designed Kegel8 Menstrual Cup has air holes around the top to ensure it does not create suction. Versions that do not have these ergonomic holes in the top may lead to you having to tug at the cup or bear down to remove. Which can, over time, drag and weaken the pelvic floor muscles. Some women may have heard stories of this happening and been put off using a cup, the design of the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup eliminates this risk.
Body Safe with Medical Grade Material
Tampons are treated with chemicals to bleach the cotton, they even contain plastic! Rayon, Dioxin, Fragrance, Chlorine, and BPA’s are all chemicals on the ingredients list of one of the top selling tampon brands in the UK.
The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup is manufactured using nothing but 100% medical grade silicone and is phthalate, PVC and latex free.
|Recommended For||Period protection|
|Can be used with||Kegel8 menstrual cup on-the-go spray|
|Included Contents||1 X Kegel8 Menstrual Cup|
|Material||Medical grade silicone|
|Length||Measured from the tip of the removal stem to top of the cup. Large: 7.6cm (76mm/3inches) Small: 7cm (70mm/2.7inches) Removal stem can be cut shorter as desired.|
|User Manual||View and/or Download the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup Usage Instructions|