Inside Out: Prolapse Exercises, Book by Michelle Kenway
- Written by internationally renowned Physiotherapist, Michelle Kenway
- Learn how to exercise safely and avoid your pelvic organ prolapse from worsening
- Reduce your symptoms and even reverse your prolapse
- Safe exercises for core strengthening and weight loss
- Exercise safely and recover your strength and fitness after prolapse surgery
- Easy-to-follow illustrated guide
Everything You Need to Know about Managing and Improving a Pelvic Organ Prolapse
A pelvic organ prolapse occurs when the pelvic floor is too weak to support the pelvic organs. The bladder, uterus or vaginal walls therefore begin to drop down into the vaginal canal.
Many women suffering with a prolapse avoid exercise, for fear of making their prolapse worse. The good news is that you can, and should, continue to exercise when you have a prolapse. Providing you do it in the correct way. In this book, renowned Physiotherapist, Michelle Kenway shows you how to exercise gently and effectively to improve your fitness whilst supporting and even reducing the severity of your prolapse.
Michelle not only explains what kind of exercise to avoid, but also what you can do to improve your pelvic floor strength. She offers advice for women recovering from prolapse surgery, alongside exercise for strengthening your core abdominal muscles. She explains the importance of losing weight in order to reduce pressure on your pelvic floor and even methods to improve your bone health.
Inside Out: Prolapse Exercises will help you to improve your overall fitness as well as your pelvic floor health. With easy-to-follow instructions, photographic guidance and explanatory diagrams, Michelle Kenway helps you to understand how your body works and, in turn, regain the confidence to exercise once again.
The chapters of Inside Out: Prolapse Exercises are as follows;
- Understanding Your Prolapse
- Exercises for Prolapse Support
- Exercising for Your Weakest Link
- Strength Exercises and Prolapse
- Pelvic Floor Safe Abdominal Core Exercises for Prolapse
- Abdominal Exercises and Pelvic Floor Overload
- Aerobic Fitness Exercises and Prolapse
- Exercise After Prolapse Surgery
- Osteoporosis Exercises and Prolapse
- Weight Management Exercises and Prolapse
Michelle Kenway, Physiotherapist
Michelle Kenway is a Physiotherapist and exercise instructor from Australia. Her internationally acclaimed Inside Out series of books and DVD's promote pelvic floor safe exercises for women.