Your Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner is a CE approved, Class IIa medical device. It's programmes are clinically proven, and over time, can help you take control and get strong and healthy from the inside out.
We know most people are desperate to see signs of improvement, but please follow this guide carefully. To get the best results it is important that the programme plan is followed. If you are using a probe, do not skip the P01 Sensitivity Test.
- Getting Started With the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner
- Getting Started With a Probe
- Run the P01 Sensitivity Test
- Getting Started With Skin Electrode Pads
- What Programmes Do You Recommend For...?
Getting Started With the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner
- Insert the battery into the battery cover leaving the red ribbon strip under the battery, ensuring that the protective cap is removed from the battery.
- Attach the lead wire: Insert the white end of the lead wire into channel A at the top left of the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner. Insert the two wires of the Kegel8 Probe into the connectors at the other end of the lead wire.
- Insert the Kegel8 Probe: Hold the probe at it's base and insert it gently. The base and wires of the probe stay outside of your body. We recommend using a few drops of the Kegel8 KE GEL Kegel Exercise Lubricant to make your probe easier to insert and to make sure the electrical current transfers to your muscles efficiently.
- Press the ON button, then press the PRG button until the screen shows the programme that you wish to use. If it's your first time using the Kegel8 V For Men, select P01 Sensitivity Test.
- Press the + button on the left hand side to start your programme. Keep pressing the + button until you feel the machine giving your muscles a strong pull, but not so that it is uncomfortable. The machine will switch off when the programme is complete.
Getting Started With A Probe
Using a probe for the first time can be daunting, but there's no need to stress. Follow these simple steps to make using a probe as easy as possible:
- Clean your probe before use with an antibacterial and body-friendly spray.
- Add a small amount of water-based lubricant to your probe - this will help with insertion and conductivity.
- Get into a comfortable position - most people find it easier to stand or squat when inserting a probe.
- Slowly insert the probe and begin the session when you are comfortable.
- To remove the probe, relax your muscles and gently pull the probe from your body. Ensure that you do not pull on the wires.
- Clean, dry, and store your probe away until your next exercise session.
Run P01 Sensitivity Test
When you use your Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner with a probe for the first time, start with the P01 Sensitivity Test. As you increase the mAs, if you feel a sensation at below 50mA, you can move on and start to use your choice of programme.
If you cannot feel a sensation below 50mA, run programme P01 for 4 weeks twice a day. If you can feel a sensation under 50 mA’s at this point you can then move onto your normal programme. If you still cannot feel a sensation under 50mA then continue to use P01 programme for a further 4 weeks twice a day.
Please make sure you have a small tear size amount of Kegel8 KE GEL Kegel Exercise Lubricant on both electrodes (the gold parts) of the Kegel8 Probe and that the probe is inserted with the electrodes facing hip to hip.
Getting Started With the Skin Electrode Pads
If you wish to use the skin electrode pads that come with your Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner, you do not need to run the P01 (SETE) Sensitivity Test. The electrode pads work by conducting electrical pulses from the toner, stimulating the muscles and nerve fibres that reach into your pelvic area.
To stimulate the tibial nerve, place your electrode pads on the inside of one of your ankles and insert the lead wire into channel B at the top right of the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner. To stimulate the sacral nerve, place your electrode pads on your lower back. Watch the videos below for more information.
Take care when increasing the power to your electrode pads as your skin is sensitive. We recommend that you do not increase the power above 15mA, as a power higher than this could cause physical harm (skin burns). Power greater than 15mA could also cause damage to your electrode pads.
If you wish to use a probe and skin electrode pads at the same time, please be aware that channel A, with the probe connected, will need a much higher amount of power (usually 30mA or more).
What Programmes Do You Recommend For...?
The Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner has 4 great programmes for combating incontinence. You can use P02, P03 and P06 to tackle urinary incontinence. Plus, you have the option to use P04 to maintain healthy bowel movements.
- P02 (UI1) - Urinary Incontinence 1
- P03 (UI2) - Urinary Incontinence 2
- P06 (UI3) - Urinary Incontinence 3
- P04 (BOWL) - Maintaining Healthy Bowel Movements
The pelvic floor plays a vital role in sexual sensation for both women and men. If you find that you are having difficulties with erectile functions, you can use P05 to work on achieving a more satisfying erection.
- P05 (EREC) - Achieving A More Satisfying Erection
If you're looking to work on general maintenance and improving the strength of your pelvic floor muscles or if you have gained the results you were looking for, you can do so with the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner. Start at a beginner's level with P07 for improving pelvic floor strength, then move onto P08 to max out your pelvic floor muscle strength.
- P07 (STRN) - Pelvic Floor Strength
- P08 (MAXS) - Pelvic Floor Max Strength
If you can't, or don't want to use a probe with your Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner, you can use the provided electrode pads with any programme.
Who shouldn't use the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner?
- Pacemaker* - It may be possible to use the Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner with your specific pacemaker, but please check with your healthcare provider.
- If you have a form of pelvic cancer* - Why not try the Kegel8 Biofeedback Pelvic Trainer instead? It will help you to build up your strength and tone, but without the use of neuromuscular stimulation.
*Unless advised to do so and under medical supervision