Age Proof Your Pelvic Floor
When the wrinkles begin to appear, and the grey hairs start to show, there’s no doubt about it – you’re ageing. This is something we have learnt to embrace – it’s natural after all! But one aspect of ageing that women don’t tend to talk about is the deterioration of our pelvic health.
We joke all the time about little leaks and a loose vagina in old age – but these are things that we can prevent! Taking care of your pelvic floor can help to prevent incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse and can even help to improve intimate sensation! Discover what you can do to revitalise your pelvic floor below…
Some foods and drinks can lead to digestive problems and cause an overactive bladder as a result. When your bladder is overactive it can be overworked, weakening the pelvic floor muscles as a result. To keep your pelvic floor healthy, try to AVOID:
- Highly acidic fruit and vegetables
- Spicy foods
- Artificial sugars and sweeteners
- Caffeinated beverages
Take a look at our Kegel8 Pelvic Floor Diet for more tips!
You may not realise, but the things you do on a daily basis can have a huge impact on your pelvic floor health. Kegel8’s top lifestyle tips to maintain the health of your pelvic floor are:
- Kegel – Keep your pelvic floor muscles strong with Kegels!
- Manage your weight – Excess weight can put an extra strain on the pelvic floor muscles
- Avoid constipation – Difficulty in passing bowel movements can weaken the pelvic floor muscles, try using a toilet stool to reduce strain
- Stop smoking – Tobacco is a major cause of bladder cancer, plus a ‘smoker’s cough’ can add strain onto your pelvic floor muscles
Sometimes we just need a helping hand when it comes to self-care. Using healthcare technology may seem like a daunting and unreliable step to make – but sometimes it can be necessary, especially for your pelvic floor! The below list displays the wide variety of Kegel8 devices that you can use to improve pelvic health.
- Kegel8 Ultra 20 Electronic Pelvic Toner – A great all-rounder for Kegel exercise, greater intimate sensation, incontinence and prolapse prevention, and pain relief!
- Kegel8 V For Men Pelvic Toner – Yes, boys too! Strengthening the male pelvic floor is just as important!
- Kegel8 Vaginal Cones – A non-tech alternative to exercising your pelvic floor that gives you real time feedback.
- Kegel8 Biofeedback Pelvic Trainer – Need help locating and exercising your pelvic muscles? Try this handy trainer first!
Let us know how you plan to age proof your pelvic floor on Twitter or in the comments below!
Reviews for the Kegel8 Ultra 20 Electronic Pelvic Toner
Lilly - Happy Days!
"I have only been using my Kegel8 Ultra 20 Electronic Pelvic Toner for two weeks and already I can feel an improvement. I am now looking to the end of embarrassing leaks in the near future!”
Micha - Quick Results!
"I have noticed improvements. It adds another stronger dimension to the pelvic floor exercises provided by doctors. Also, results are quicker and better with the Kegel8 Ultra 20 Electronic Pelvic Toner. I am very happy with the product and can recommend any person to buy and use one; especially if they have stress incontinence or age related pelvic floor weakness. I am 56 and was affected by both and the stress incontinence now does not happen and my pelvic floor feels stronger! ”
 Live Science (2018) Bladder: Facts, Function & Diseases [online]. Live Science [viewed 31/10/18]. Available from https://www.livescience.com/52205-bladder-facts-function-disease.html
 NIH (2017) 13 Tips to Keep Your Bladder Healthy [online]. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services [viewed 31/10/18]. Available from https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/13-tips-keep-your-bladder-healthy
 Urology Care Foundation (2016) November is Bladder Health Awareness Month [online]. American Urological Association [viewed 31/10/18]. Available from https://www.urologyhealth.org/media-center/press-releases/november-is-bladder-health-awareness-month