Optima Nickel-Free Triple Electrode Vaginal Probe
- Medical Grade vaginal probe
- Three independent electrodes, nickel-free electrodes
- Allows you to target specific muscle groups
- Suitable for EMS and biofeedback
The Optima is a long, slim vaginal probe with 3 isolated hemispherical electrodes to target the posterior, anterior or lateral muscles
The benefit of this is you can select the electrode combination you want to use based on the muscle group(s) you wish to target; the posterior, anterior or lateral muscles. This works via a triple tailed connection; connect the black tail to engage the top electrode, the red tail to engage the middle electrode or the white tail to engage the bottom electrode - you just need to make sure that you always connect two electrodes to ensure you have a complete circuit. This probe is ideal if you suffer from asymmetry (a lack of feeling on one side) or a prolapse. What's more, the gold plated electrodes make this probe ideal for those with a nickel allergy.
How to use your new Optima Probe
It's easy to get great results from the Optima Probe, and you can use it in different ways, depending on your particular problem.
1. Each of the electrodes of the probe has its own connection. Decide which electrodes you are going to use (see below for tips) then attach a leadwire adaptor to the connection of these electrodes.
- Black connection corresponds to electrode 1 (see diagram below)
- Red connection corresponds to electrode 2 (see diagram below)
- White connection corresponds to electrode 3 (see diagram below)
2. Insert the lead wire into channel A of your Kegel8.
3. Choose which programme that you would like to use, then increase the mAs to a comfortable level.
4. Allow your programme to run, then gently remove the probe.
5. To prolong the life of your probe and prevent infection, clean your probe with Kegel8 Klean, then store in the original bag.
Which electrodes should I use?
For Rear Stimulation (the back of the pelvic floor): Connect electrodes 1 & 2 and insert the probe fully with the electrodes pointing towards the back.
For Front Stimulation (the front of the pelvic floor): Connect electrodes 2 & 3 and insert the probe fully with the electrodes pointing towards the front.
Nerve Damage: if you have nerve damage, or a lack of sensation on one side, you can turn the probe a quarter-turn so the gold electrodes point to the side with the damage and connect electrodes 1 & 2 and insert the probe fully.
Biofeedback: if you are using the probe with a healthcare professional and biofeedback device, use electrode 3 as your reference electrode and ensure the probe is inserted fully into the vagina.
Because we trust the quality of our probes so much we extend the warranty from the standard 60 uses up to 6 months unlimited usage.
Please be aware if you are nickel intolerant we advise the electrode surface be examined before use to ensure the surface has not been scratched during storage. The probe can safely be used for up to 2 years providing all manufacturers recommendations are followed.
*To help extend the life of your probe and the lead wires we advise that when unplugging them you pull from the head of the connector and not from the wire (shown above) as this can damage the inside of the wire. The best way to avoid damaging them is to only remove the wires when you are changing probes as there is no reason to any other time.*