Optima Gold-Plated Triple Electrode Vaginal Probe
- Medical Grade vaginal probe
- Three independent electrodes made in a nickel-free process
- Allows you to target specific muscle groups
- Suitable for EMS and biofeedback
Slim Vaginal Probe that Strengthens the Posterior, Anterior, or Lateral Muscles
With the Optima Gold-Plated Triple Electrode Probe, you can select the electrode combination you want to use based on the muscle group(s) you wish to target; the posterior, anterior or lateral muscles. This works via a triple tailed connection; connect the black tail to your white lead wire to engage the top electrode, the red tail to engage the middle electrode or the white tail to engage the bottom electrode - you just need to make sure you always connect two electrodes to ensure you have a complete circuit. It doesn't matter which lead wire port you connect your black, red, or white tail into.
This probe is ideal if you suffer from asymmetry (a lack of feeling on one side) or a prolapse. What's more, the gold plated electrodes make this probe ideal for those with a nickel allergy.
How to Use the Optima Probe
It's easy to get great results from the Optima Probe, and you can use it in different ways, depending on your particular problem.
- Each of the electrodes of the probe has its own connection (white, red, or black). Decide which electrodes you are going to use (see below for tips) then attach your leadwire adaptor to one or two of the following electrodes.
- The black connector corresponds to electrode 1 (see diagram below)
- The red connector corresponds to electrode 2 (see diagram below)
- The white connector corresponds to electrode 3 (see diagram below)
- Insert the lead wire into channel A of your Kegel8.
- Choose which programme you would like to use, then increase the mAs to a comfortable level.
- Allow your programme to finish before you remove the probe.
- To prolong the life of your probe and prevent infection, clean your probe with Kegel8 Klean, then store it in its original packaging.
Which electrodes should I use?
For Rear Stimulation (the back of the pelvic floor): Connect electrodes 1 & 2 (black and red) to your lead wire and insert the probe fully with the electrodes pointing towards the back.
For Front Stimulation (the front of the pelvic floor): Connect electrodes 2 & 3 (red and white) to your lead wire and insert the probe fully with the electrodes pointing towards the front.
Nerve Damage: if you have nerve damage, or a lack of sensation on one side, you can turn the probe a quarter-turn so the gold electrodes point to the affected side and connect electrodes 1 & 2 (black and red) to your lead wire and insert the probe fully.
Biofeedback: if you are using the probe with a healthcare professional and biofeedback device, use electrode 3 (white) as your reference electrode and ensure the probe is inserted fully into the vagina.
You can safely attach your coloured electrode wires into any of the lead wires ports. you lead wire ports are both white in colour, so they don't correspond explicitly to any of the coloured wires. Only 2 electrodes may be used at any one time so as to avoid overexertion of the internal muscles. This means there will always be either the red, black or white electrode connector free during use.
Because we trust the quality of our probes so much we extend the warranty from the standard 60 uses up to 6 months unlimited usage.
Please be aware if you are nickel intolerant we advise the electrode surface be examined before use to ensure the surface has not been scratched during storage. The probe can safely be used for up to 2 years providing all manufacturers recommendations are followed.
*To help extend the life of your probe and the lead wires we advise that when unplugging them you pull from the head of the connector and not from the wire (shown above) as this can damage the inside of the wire. The best way to avoid damaging them is to only remove the wires when you are changing probes as there is no reason to any other time.*
|Can be used with||The Kegel8 Ultra 20, Kegel8 Ultra Vitality, Kegel8 V For Men, NMES Pelvic Toners which use symmetrical waveform, and for professional clinical use, including Biofeedback.|
|Length||12.4cm (4.9 inches)|
|Insertable Length||10.2cm (4 inches)|
|Diameter||2.7cm (1.1 inch)|
|Can Be Used With Biofeedback||Yes|
|Warranty||3 months against manufacturing defects|
|Washing Instructions||Clean using Kegel8 Cleaning Spray and pat or air dry. Can be cleaned with warm soapy water (do not sterilise). Chemicals will erode gold plating and invalidate warranty.|
|No. of Electrodes||3|