Why We're Sure Our Gold Probes Will Be a Good Fit for You
Just like us, probes come in all different shapes and sizes. So, you may feel overwhelmed when deciding which probe is best for you. That’s why the team at Kegel8 have compiled an all-you-need-to-know blog about the Kegel8 Gold Probes.
Why the Kegel8 Gold Probes? Because we’re sure that they will be a good fit for you! Read on to learn about the different types you can use.
Why Do I Need to Use a Probe?
Electrical stimulation is regularly used to strengthen the nerves and muscles within your pelvic floor. This stimulation can either be internal or external depending on your symptoms. External stimulation involves placing electrode pads on your lower back or ankle to stimulate the nerves which relax your bladder. External stimulation is particularly recommended if you suffer from bladder symptoms such as an overactive bladder and/or urge incontinence.
Internal stimulation involves inserting a small probe into the vagina or back passage (anus). An electric current runs through the probe which, in turn, causes the pelvic floor muscles to contract and strengthen. This process is not painful, rather you should just feel a tingling, knocking, or slight tugging sensation followed by a rest phase. Internal stimulation is a great way of discovering your pelvic floor muscles and how the contractions feel, so that you can gradually learn how tight you can actually contract your pelvic floor muscles - more than you probably thought!
What are the Benefits of using a Glide Gold Probe?
- Conductivity – Gold is a much better conductor than silver, so you’ll feel far stronger and more effective stimulation pulses.
- Nickel allergy - 10% of the population suffer from a nickel allergy, so we wanted to ensure we could cater to everyone. Our gold probes are made using a gold-plated nickel-free process ensuring they are suitable for those with nickel allergies.
- Prolapse safe – With no hollows, that can tug and snag causing discomfort, the Glide Gold Probe maintains a width that will provide effective contact with your pelvic floor muscles. Even better, the scoop design actually offers support to your prolapse whilst you exercise, making it the perfect accompanying probe to the Kegel8 Ultra 20 which has clinically proven programmes to treat prolapse.
- Seated use – You can get even better results with seated pelvic floor exercises when using the Glide Gold Probe as it has been designed so that there is no protruding stem!
- Lightweight – Heavy probes are prone to slip and fall out of place during exercise. But Kegel8’s Glide Gold Probe has been designed to be lightweight, reducing the risk of slippage.
Learn more about how the Kegel8 Glide Gold Vaginal Probe works in the video below:
What if the Glide Gold Probe is not comfortable for me?
If you struggle to insert the Glide Gold Probe, or if you find it very uncomfortable, you may consider trying a smaller one.
The Kegel8 Gold Comfort Probe has numerous benefits that mirror those of the Glide Gold Probe, but the Comfort probe is smaller in size. This probe has been designed as one of Kegel8’s most comfortable probes, whilst maintaining maximum conductivity through the two gold-plated electrodes.
How to Improve Vaginal Probe Experience
Using a water-based lubricant can really help to improve your experience when using a vaginal probe. The Kegel8 KE Gel Kegel Exercise Lubricant is a body friendly lubricant that is easy to apply. It can help improve your probe experience in a number of ways, such as:
- Effectively targeting your pelvic floor – The KE Gel is specially formulated for exercising the pelvic floor.
- Enhancing your probe – Using the KE Gel can enhance the effectiveness of your vaginal probe by amplifying your natural moisture.
- Being kind to your skin – The Kegel8 lubricant is pH balanced, water-based and hormone free, meaning it is gentle and non-irritating.
- Alleviating intimate dryness – The KE Gel Kegel Exercise Lubricant can be used daily to add extra comfort even when you’re not using your Kegel8 Electronic Pelvic Floor Toner!
Top Tips to Care for Your Probe
- To ensure comfort with whichever probe you choose to use, apply a thin layer of KE Gel lubrication before inserting the probe.
- To help extend the life of your probe and the lead wires, Kegel8 advise that when unplugging them, you pull from the head of the connector and not from the wire as this can damage the inside of the wire. The best way to avoid damaging them is to only remove the wires when you are changing probes.
Reviews for the Kegel8 Glide Gold Vaginal Probe
Sam - Excellent!
"This probe is what I have been waiting for. The fact that it doesn't protrude enables me to sit and watch TV or check e-mails etc. Or I can just get on with the things I have to do without fussing about the position of the probe and whether it will stay in place. No pinching either and contractions feel stronger as well. So its an all round winner. Whoever invented this should be knighted- immediately! "
Dotty - Best probe yet!
"I have tried a few probes but this one beats them all. It's so comfortable I didn't feel it at all. I could stand up and move around without it slipping out of place. The only thing I felt was the muscles working a lot better than other probes. "
 Saito, M., et al. (2016) Molecular Mechanisms of Nickel Allergy. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 17(2), 202. Available from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4783936/
 University Hospital of Southampton (2015) Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation [online]. NHS Foundation Trust [viewed 15/11/2018]. Available from http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Media/Controlleddocuments/Patientinformation/Pregnancyandbirth/Neuromuscular-electrical-stimulation-patient-information.pdf