Kegel8 Vitamin C 1000mg Supplement
- Vitamin C combines with collagen for repair, rebuilding and strengthening tissues & muscles, reduces pelvic pain
- Low Vitamin C levels cause Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), Vit C helps relieve constipation
- Strengthens immune system preventing colds - vital if you have pelvic organ prolapse
- Clinically proven to act on pelvic pain and endometriosis pain
- Easy to take capsule daily, Made in England exclusively for Kegel8
Vitamin C the must-have vitamin that goes hand-in-hand with Collagen for growth, development and repair – it could be just what your pelvic floor needs!
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin which means it is carried in the body, but it is not stored in the body that’s why regular daily doses are vital. It is again pivotal in the product of collagen, that vital ‘glue’ like ingredient (we call it glue for your pelvic floor muscles) and Vitamin C is essential for growth, development, repair and maintenance of several tissues and organs of the body.
Lack of Vitamin C results in scurvy which is actually the breakdown of collagen whilst this is an extreme example of Vitamin C deficiency, if you have gingivitis, bruise easily, nosebleeds, weight gain, leaky gut, rough dry scaly skin and dry brittle hair these are signs that you are lacking this little gem.
Do you suffer with Vaginal BV? Bacterial Vaginosis is the fishy odour which indicates vaginal acid levels, vaginal pH, is out of balance and has become too acidic. Women are more likely to get bacterial vaginosis if they have lower circulating levels of phytonutrients like vitamin C and beta carotene in their bloodstream, so that’s one to watch too.
Naturally it is found in fruits and vegetables as well as in our 1000mg Vitamin C Supplement. Keep to the recommended dose, take too much and your constipation cure could soon become diarrhea.
Even with a balanced diet vitamin supplements help you achieve optimum pelvic health
We want to live as long as possible, but we also want a healthy life expectancy, sadly I’m afraid that the ‘healthy’ bit is on the decline. Modern farming practices such as GMO foods (genetically modified), together with fast food all contribute to deplete vitamins and minerals naturally found in foodstuffs. At Kegel8 we’ve researched many clinical papers to deliver a vitamin and mineral combination specifically to help with pelvic floor problems.
By supplementing from deep within at a cellular level your pelvic floor exercising will reward you with a stronger, more controllable pelvic floor. Remember, your body cannot store Vitamin C – that’s why it is essential to supplement with it daily. By now we hope you realise that by committing to a 12-week exercise plan you’ll get the best out of your pelvic floor regime, and supplementing is part of that process too.
We urge you to commit to a 12-week exercise plan, and supplement with the vitamins and minerals recommended by Kegel8 for your pelvic floor problems and symptoms. To make this easy we have created our supplements in handy-to-purchase 3-month pots, and to make it even more attractive, we’re running an offer that will allow you to purchase 3 pots of Kegel8 Vitamin C for the price of 2. That’s a full 12 weeks of Vitamin C – this way you are giving your body as much support as possible as you kegel exercise yourself back to comfort, control and a healthier pelvic floor.
"Vitamin C must be taken daily as your body can’t store it, it has a vital role with collagen in strengthening muscles – and it’s good for constipation too! If you suffer with BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) this will stop repeated infections of BV."
Stephanie Taylor - Founder
Kegel8 recommends you consider supplementing with Vitamin C for following reasons:
Consider Vitamin C for Pelvic Pain & Endometriosis ✔
- Vitamin C is cost effective and appears to be a safe and effective adjunctive therapy for specific pain relief. Notably, it decreases the requirement for opioid analgesics, particularly post surgically and for bone metastasis, thus potentially diminishing the deleterious side effects of opioids. 
- Antioxidant Supplementation Reduces Endometriosis Related Pelvic Pain in Humans. Results of this clinical trial show that administration of antioxidants reduces chronic pelvic pain in women with endometriosis and inflammatory markers in the peritoneal fluid. 
Consider Vitamin C if you have Pelvic Organ Prolapse & suffer constipation ✔
- Vitamin C benefits your immune system [Vitamin C] It reduces the frequency of colds and as a positive side effect it tends to control constipation. Its freedom from toxicity relative to its efficacy is remarkable. I would sooner consume many grams per day than an equal quantity of sodium chloride (A. Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D.).  Preventing colds takes the pressure off your pelvic floor as coughing puts undue pressure on weak pelvic floor muscles. Constipation is detrimental to the pelvic floor, the straining to pass a stool together with the mass stored in the bowel resting on the weak pelvic floor muscles should be avoided at all costs.
Consider Vitamin C if you have Overactive bladder symptoms of frequency and urgency ✔
- Findings from a study in Boston, USA suggest that for some women, overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms of frequency and urgency could possibly be ameliorated by modifying high-dose supplements of vitamin C  and—among smokers—β-carotene.
Consider Vitamin C if you suffer Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) ✔
- Leaving bacterial vaginosis untreated can lead to complications such pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID can result in pelvic pain and vaginal discharge. Bacterial Vaginosis is not a sexually transmitted infection (STI) instead it is caused by a imbalance of vaginal bacteria. If your body is deficient in vitamin C and beta-carotene, pathogenic bacteria (that’s the ‘bad’ bacteria which cause disease) can cause a vaginal infection.
Consider Vitamin C if you have had pelvic surgery for faster wound healing ✔
- Zinc and vitamin C are recommended supplements in patients with wounds due to the central role in collagen metabolism and inflammation.
Consider Vitamin C for Heavy Periods (Menorrhagia) and Premenstrual Syndrome ✔
There are many different natural treatments for Menorrhagia or heavy periods and premenstrual syndrome. Natural solutions work in sync with the body and over the counter pain killers can cause constipation, which will compound PMS symptoms.
- In the course of the experiment, it was a particular pleasure to observe the improvement, often dramatic, which the ascorbic acid [Vitamin C] made in their condition. In several of the cases, this was the first period for years in which they had not been forced to leave work and go to bed. Constipation, headaches, and constant perineal pain [pelvic pain} cleared up in almost every case where such conditions were present.
Consider Vitamin C for Acne Vulgaris and Menopausal Acne ✔
- Vitamin C is second only to Vitamin A in its importance in the treatment of acne. Vitamin C and A proved to be more beneficial when given to the patient simultaneously. There is a close relationship between vitamins and hormones and acne and the endocrine system.
Consider Vitamin C for Vaginal Atrophy & Vaginal Dryness ✔
- [Vitamin C] This nutrient is essential for healthy collagen formation and collagen gives tissue elasticity.
- The role of vitamin C in the treatment of pain: new insights A number of recent clinical studies have shown that vitamin C administration to patients with chronic regional pain syndrome decreases their symptoms.
- Antioxidant Supplementation Reduces Endometriosis Related Pelvic Pain in Humans In conclusion results of this clinical trial show that administration of antioxidants reduces chronic pelvic pain in women with endometriosis and inflammatory markers in the peritoneal fluid.
- Vitamin C and the common cold 'I prescribe ascorbic acid for my patients. It reduces the frequency of colds and as a positive side effect it tends to control constipation. Its freedom from toxicity relative to its efficacy is remarkable.' A Hoffer MD PhD
- Intakes of Vitamins and Minerals in Relation to Urinary Incontinence, Voiding, and Storage Symptoms in Women
- Preventing Bacterial Vaginosis with Diet Poor nutrition is a risk factor for bacterial vaginosis. Women appear more likely to get bacterial vaginosis if they have lower circulating levels of phytonutrients like vitamin C and beta carotene in their blood stream.
- Nutrition and Chronic Wounds Attention to basic nutrition and providing appropriate supplements may assist in the healing of our chronic wounds.
- Vitamin C and the Menstrual Function By James Deeny, M.D., M.SC., D.P.H., M.R.C.P.I.An experiment on 32 women suffering menorrhagia to demonstrate the relationship between vitamin C deficiency and nutritional anaemia due to menorrhagia (heavy periods).After a test dose 20 were restored to a clinically completely normal condition, 8 were improved but not normal, and 4 had no change in symptoms.
- Acne and its Treatment 'Our studies have shown conclusively that those vitamins [Vitamin A and Vitamin C] are useful agents in correcting the follicular plugging in acne vulgaris'
- Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD
Food supplements must not be used instead of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use, especially if you are already under medical supervision, taking any medications, pregnant or breastfeeding. Stop use immediately and consult a doctor if you have any adverse reactions. Keep out of reach of children. Supplements should be stored in a cool and dry place and should never be used if the seal on the packaging is damaged or missing. For directions for use, please refer to the instructions on the packaging.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure product information is up to date on our website, please always read labels, warning and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product.
|Ingredients||Vitamin C prep (absorbic acid, maize starch), maltodextrin, bulking agent: microcrystalline cellulose, citrus bioflavonoids, modified maize starch, anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate|
|Recommended For||Boosts the immune system, relieves constipation, combines with collagen for muscles repair and rebuilding. Vitamin C acts on pelvic pain and endometriosis. Deficiency in Vitamin C linked to Bacterial Vaginosis BV.|
|Can be used with||All Kegel8 Pelvic Floor Exercise Machines, Vaginal exercise cones and biofeedback machines to optimise pelvic floor health from within and get the best results from your pelvic floor exercise routines.|
|Included Contents||90 tablets, 3 months supply|
|Dosage||One tablet per day (should be swallowed whole)|