Osalis Collagen Supplement 600mg
- Super strength (600mg) collagen supplement for stronger muscles and elasticity
- Collagen levels fall as we age, there is a direct link with pelvic organ prolapse
- Essential supplement to boost muscle, energy and vitality
- Six month’s supply (180 tablets), easy swallow tablet
- Produced and packaged in the UK for Osalis
Collagen for elasticity and strength – it’s the vital ‘glue’ for your pelvic floor muscles!
Collagen is the most plentiful protein in our bodies, found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, the digestive system and tendons. It gives our skin firmness and flexibility. When it comes to our joints and tendons, in simplest terms, it’s the “glue” that holds the body together. Collagen production slows as we get older and this shows in our sagging skin, wrinkles and aching joints.
Have you noticed your cellulite is getting worse and you’ve developed stretch marks?
That's a sure sign that your collagen levels are low and what’s more, there is a direct correlation between low collagen levels and prolapse. Boosting collagen may add lean muscle, increase your metabolism, energy and vitality too. As we age retaining muscle mass is crucial for our pelvic floor it will help to support posture as well as burning the calories. When supplementing with collagen it is recommended to use vitamin C so your body can convert the collagen into a useable protein.
I eat healthily – why should I use a supplement? At Kegel8 we’re talking Optimum Pelvic Health
While our life expectancy is increasing, our healthy life expectancy is not. We know to have a healthy pelvic floor many of us need to eat less food so that means a reduction in vital nutrients. What our researchers have discovered is that problems with the pelvic floor and pelvic organs could be due to a vitamin and mineral deficiency as you’ll see evidenced in clinical papers below.
Kegel8 wants your pelvic floor to get as strong as possible, to be pain free and successfully navigate the ageing process. Optimum pelvic, urinary and colon health boosts our quality of life helping us to face the challenges that life throws at us! To get the balance right and to strengthen the pelvic floor we encourage you to look at pelvic floor muscle exercise as one part of the equation. Weight, posture, lifestyle, pelvic floor muscle exercise and optimal pelvic floor nutrition are key to your regaining control. The Osalis specialist range of supplements has been created to support your pelvic floor muscle exercising working from deep within your muscles, bones and soft tissues. With pelvic floor exercise we ask you to commit to a 12 week course, the same with these supplements – your pelvic floor will thank you.
"Researching I found supplementing with Collagen over 3 months can add muscle mass and decrease fat. Good for anti-ageing, cellulite and stretch mark too, collagen is a vital addition for optimum health and your pelvic floor muscle strengthening programme."
Stephanie Taylor - Founder
Kegel8 recommends you consider supplementing with collagen for following reasons:
Consider Collagen for Pelvic Floor Strengthening ✔
- The bladder, urethra, vagina and uterus are attached to the pelvic walls by a system of connective tissue called the endopelvic fascia. The structures attaching the uterus to the pelvic wall endopelvic fascia are predominantly fibrous collagen. 
- Boosting collagen may add lean muscle, increase your metabolism, energy and vitality too. Retaining muscle mass is crucial as we age because it helps to support our posture and the pelvic floor as well as burning calories. German researchers found that supplementing with collagen on a 3 month routine of resistance exercise resulted in a significantly higher level of muscle strength and a decreased level of fat mass. 
- Collagen supplements have beneficial effects on human skin - a statistically significantly higher skin elasticity level was determined in elderly women  so why not the muscles and fibres of your pelvic floor?
Consider Collagen if you have Pelvic Organ Prolapse ✔
- Women, younger than 53 years, with genital prolapse had a 30% lower collagen concentration than [the] age-matched control.  The lack of collagen directly affects the endopelvic tissue making it less supportive and elastic.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) and other disorders such as varicose veins, cellulite and stretch marks are associated with changes in collagen strength and metabolism. 
- UT Southwestern Medical Center shows that ‘pelvic organ prolapse; a condition in which the uterus, bladder or vagina protrude from the body -- is caused by a combination of a loss of elasticity and a breakdown of proteins in the vaginal wall. The bottom line is ...the balance between synthesis and degradation to optimize pelvic organ support. 
Consider Collagen if you have Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) Overactive Bladder & Faecal Incontinence ✔
- Women with stress urinary incontinence show an increased breakdown of collagen. 
- If you suffer with leaky gut syndrome, that’s where toxins leak out of the digestive tract you'll benefit from taking a Collagen supplement. Leaky gut causes IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and conversely IBS causes Leaky Gut Syndrome. Gut microbiome leak out of the gut into the bloodstream causing inflammation and damaging the immune system.  Worse still, this then also affects the bladder causing overactive bladder.
- Inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis sufferers were noted to have lower levels of collagen. 74% of people with IBD experience Faecal Incontinence and 72% of them reported urinary incontinence  Presence of both types of incontinence might suggest that a compromised pelvic floor affects both bladder and bowel control, or the frequent toilet visits may stimulate an overactive bladder.
- Herschorn, S. (2004). Female Pelvic Floor Anatomy: The Pelvic Floor, Supporting Structures, and Pelvic Organs. Reviews in Urology, Volume 6 (suppl 5), pp. S2-S10.
- www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23949208 Young Women with genital prolapse have low collagen concentration
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15548155 Young Women with genital prolapse have low collagen concentration
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282004/ Pelvic Organ prolpase and collagen associated disorders
- UT Southwestern Medical Center. "Protein breakdown contributes to pelvic organ prolapse." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 24 May 2011.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12054187 Collagen metabolism and turnover in women with stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
- Relationship between overactive bladder and irritable bowel syndrome: a large-scale internet survey in Japan using the overactive bladder symptom score and Rome III criteria Seiji Matsumoto, Kazumi Hashizume, Naoki Wada, Jyunichi Hori, Gaku Tamaki, Masafumi Kita, Tatsuya Iwata, and Hidehiro Kakizaki
- https://academic.oup.com/ecco-jcc/article/7/8/e302/500392 Faecal Incontinence and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Associations and quality of life.
- Vegetarian X
- Vegan X
- Gluten Free ✔
- Yeast Free ✔
- Lactose Free ✔
- No Artificial Colours ✔
- No Artificial Preservatives ✔
- Egg Free ✔
- Nut Free ✔
- Fish Free ✔
- Porcine Free ✔
- Alcohol Free ✔
- Soya Free ✔
- Sweetener Free ✔
- Hormone Free ✔
Food supplements must not be used instead of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use, especially if you are already under medical supervision, taking any medications, pregnant or breastfeeding. Stop use immediately and consult a doctor if you have any adverse reactions. Keep out of reach of children. Supplements should be stored in a cool and dry place and should never be used if the seal on the packaging is damaged or missing. For directions for use, please refer to the instructions on the packaging.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure product information is up to date on our website, please always read labels, warning and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product.
|Ingredients||Collagen (Bovine), Capsule Shell (Gelatine)|
|Recommended For||Men and women|
|Included Contents||180 Capsules (6 month supply)|
|Does Not Include||Gluten, Starch, Artificial Colours or Preservatives, Sweeteners, Lactose, Soya, Wheat, Yeast, Fish, Porcine, Egg, Nuts|
|Dosage||One capsule per day. Recommended for adults and children over the age of 12|