Kegel8 Mother Nurture Electronic Pelvic Toner & Labour TENS Machine
- Combines a Kegel8 pelvic floor exerciser & labour TENS machine
- Helps you to get your pelvic floor strong prior to conception
- Provides effective labour TENS pain relief - no need for drugs it works with your body
- Strengthens and tones your pelvic floor back into shape safely after childbirth in minutes a day!
- Your three-step companion for pre-conception, pain-free birth and beyond.
1:3 women will suffer incontinence after childbirth and 1:10 will suffer faecal incontinence… Bet you didn't expect that little shocker did you?
Studies have shown that vaginal delivery induces urinary incontinence, particularly following the first childbirth experience. The likelihood of a pelvic organ prolapse - this includes cystocele, rectocele, and uterine prolapse - and anal incontinence is increased as a result of vaginal delivery.
Researchers have found that most often, urinary incontinence appeared during pregnancy and remained postpartum. There are various factors that increase the risk of developing this troublesome condition including:
- Urinary incontinence during pregnancy
- Twin pregnancies
- Gestational age at birth greater than or equal to 37 weeks
- Constipation during pregnancy
Stress urinary incontinence is the most prevalent form of incontinence in women following vaginal birth. It is the most common form of incontinence in women after giving birth, followed by mixed incontinence and urge incontinence. Up to 75% of women suffer urinary incontinence during pregnancy and up to 31% of women continue to suffer postpartum. Over 75% of women who reported urinary incontinence three months after birth were still incontinent 12 years later.
Statistics that no woman wants to hear - but this sad fact can taint the joy of bringing a new baby into the world. So how can you make sure that your body is not only fit and healthy to conceive and carry your baby through pregnancy, but also fit enough for you to continue your life as before? An advanced, Class IIa medical device that uses neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) to strengthen your muscles, Kegel8 Mother Nurture is also a labour TENS machine for natural pain relief during labour. Why bother hiring a labour TENS machine when you can have Kegel8 Mother Nurture with you every step of the way, including the important bit of getting you back in shape afterwards.
Mother Nurture Is Your New Best Friend
Kegel8 Mother Nurture is a 3 in 1 Pelvic Floor Exerciser and Labour TENS device that will carry you through this wonderful time, by helping to keep your pelvic floor fit and toned and you in control of your body the way nature intended. That way you are free to concentrate on your baby both during pregnancy and beyond rather than worrying about your body letting you down in the most embarrassing of ways!
- 1 Pre-Conception - You've modified your diet and lifestyle, but what about your pelvic floor? We've got that covered so that before your pregnancy you are in the best shape ever for carrying a healthy baby! Exercising now will last you at least a year and the improved circulation booster you receive is said to boost conception rates!
- 2 Labour TENS - Pain hurts. Labour hurts, but you don't have to opt for drugs - which incidentally drug your baby too! Labour TENS is a clinically proven way that naturally blocks pain signals to your brain encouraging the release of endorphins. You control the 'boost' button, and Mother Nurture is right by your side!
- 3 Getting Back In Shape 'Down-There'! It's still a big secret amongst women, one we don't talk about, but most of us have this dread. Will we ever regain our intimate shape? Will we feel loose and baggy and have a vagina like the Mersey Tunnel? Admit it - we all think about it, and if you want a 'mouse's ear' rather than an 'elephants truck', Kegel8 understands and will safely get you back in shape.
What can a strong pelvic floor do for you?
Weak Pelvic Floor
Strong Pelvic Floor
- Reduce the risk of embarassing bladder and bowel leaks during and after pregnancy
- Increase intimate sensation - for both of you!
- Help to ease your baby out through the final stages of labour making it easier for you and baby
- Encourage faster recovery after childbirth
Pregnancy is like a Tsunami for your pelvic floor. You'll see advice about diet and lifestyle changes before and during pregnancy - but sadly little about targeted exercises for your pelvic floor! Targeted pelvic floor exercises have been clinically proven to prevent and treat both urinary and faecal incontinence in late pregnancy and after your baby is born.
The good news is there is plenty you can do to get your pelvic floor fit and strong by exercising the muscle correctly and regularly
Did You Know?
Research reveals that 50% of women don't know how to produce an effective pelvic floor muscle contraction and may actually be working the larger muscles in error; putting additional pressure on the abdomen. It's no surprise that 2 out of 3 new mums want to know more about pelvic floor muscle exercises!
Getting back in shape... and back into the bedroom
Of course your baby's health and happiness is your main concern, but in time you will regain your life and want to reconnect with your partner. Kegel8 conducted a poll of 1000 new mums and dads revealing some pretty interesting 'bedroom' facts:
What were your top concerns about sex after having your baby?
- 30% Not feeling as attractive
- 24% Pain and soreness
- 22% Sex wouldn't be as intense
- 15% Weak bladder
- 8% My partner's enjoyment
- 34% Pain during sex for their partner
- 23% Sex wouldn't be as intense
- 22% Sex not as enjoyable for partner
- 10% Fear of rejection
- 10% Sex wouldn't feel the same
So once you have had a successful six-week check-up, or when you feel ready, Kegel8 Mother Nurture's revolutionary Recovery Programme will help you to get back in shape, quickly, easily and in just minutes a day.
Regaining strength in your pelvic floor muscles will make you feel toned again, giving you more confidence. Not to mention increasing intimate sensation for both you and your partner. Using Kegel8 Mother Nurture as a pelvic toner will also stimulate blood flow to the pelvic area which helps to speed muscle recovery and promote healing of any scar tissue resulting from any stitches or episiotomy. It is vitally important too that you practise 'safe' pelvic floor exercises following the birth of your baby. Sit ups, crunches and running put too much pressure on your pelvic floor at this time, so it is vital that you take it gently while your body is still recovering, this can take up to 12 months. Please take our advice - forget the 'Celebrity Boot Camp' DVDs they are not safe for your body at this time (if ever!) Kegel8 will gently get your pelvic strength back - SAFELY!
How does Mother Nurture work?
It works in two ways, one as a pelvic toner (the UKs best by the way) and a labour TENS machine. So you get two fabulous machines in one!
1 It's a pelvic toner!
Electrical impulses from the vaginal probe stimulate a contraction within the muscles of your pelvic floor. These contractions exercise the muscles and, as with any kind of exercise performed regularly, build strength and tone. It is totally silent, and you control the level of intensity that is comfortable for you. We've chosen for you clinically proven exercise programmes to make sure you get the best pelvic floor exercises at this special time in your life.
2 It's a labour TENS machine too!
Going through the early stages of labour without any pain relief can be tiring and diminish your ability to handle the pain during the final stages, making you more susceptible to a drug assistant birth.
TENS is a great way to ease you through early stages of labour and reserve your energy for the final push! TENS can be used along with gas and air and is rapidly becoming the popular choice for women.
It works by blocking the pain signals to the bran and helping your body to release endorphins - your body's natural pain killer!
Kegel8 Mother Nurture TENS electrical stimulation gives a soothing massage sensation between contractions and then when a contraction comes, the BOOST button (which you control) will deliver extra natural pain relief.
7/10 mums who used a labour TENS machine found it helped reduce the pain of giving birth - it's a 'must-have' for your hospital bag!
What you get
- Pelvic Floor Exercise - pre-conception and postnatal pelvic floor exercise programmes to build strength and regain tone.
- Labour TENS - TENS programme for natural pain relief during labour. The safe choice for you and your baby
- Recovery - the perfect programme to begin healing muscles from the trauma of labour follwing your 6week check-up
- Incontinence - a range of programmes to tackle various causes of leaks from an over-active bladder to mixed incontinence.
Often when something sounds too good to be true, it is! But not with the Kegel8 Mother Nurture. Clinical studies have demonstrated the efficiency of the programmes used for the very best results. You mustn't ignore your kegel exercises because pelvic problems won't go away, they will only get worse, that's why with Kegel8 you'll get straight to the problem and get your body where you want it to be, safely and in the privacy of your own home.
What you could save
Who shouldn't use the Kegel8 Mother Nurture?
You are pregnant* - After the birth of your little bundle of joy you'll need your Kegel8 Mother Nurture more than ever. Be careful not to rush into anything though; wait until after your 6 week check-up.
You have a pacemaker* - Not all pacemakers are compatible with the Kegel8 Mother Nurture. It is important to check with your healthcare provider first.
You have a form of pelvic cancer* - Try the Kegel8 Trainer instead. Not only does it build strength and tone, it does so without the use of NMES.
*Unless advised to do so and under medical supervision
|Programmes||Pre-Conception | Labour TENS Pain Relief | Postnatal Strengthening | Postnatal Incontinence|
|Recommended For||New Mums | Labour Pain | Pre-Conception|
|Can be used with||Skin Electrodes | Kegel8 Probes|
|Included Contents||Kegel8 Mother Nurture Unit | KE Probe (replaceable part)| Four 50X100mm Skin Electrodes (replaceable part)| Remote Boost Button | Battery | Lead Wires | Instructions|
|Certification||CE | Class IIa Medical Device|
|Warranty||2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. Extended warranty available.|
 Van der Spank, J.T. et al., (2000), Pain relief in labour by transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).
|Technical Data||TENS Dual channel: individually isolated circuits. Amplitude: 0 – 80 mA into 500 Ohm load; indication only. Actual mA will tend to be less than indicated due to electrode impedance: at 1000 Ohms load (Electrodes in poor condition) the maximum will be limited to 70 mA, at 1500 Ohms load the maximum will be limited to 65 mA. Type: Constant Current, maximum output voltage 180 Volts +10 / -30 Volts Waveform: Asymmetrical, rectangular bi-phasic with zero DC current. Selectable pulse width: 50mS -300mS [2% accuracy]. Pulse Rate selection: in the continuous mode 2 Hz – 200 Hz [2% accuracy]. Mode: Continuous, Burst or Modulated. Burst mode: Bursts of 9 pulses [200 mS] at 150 Hz, repeating twice every second. Modulation mode: 6-second cycle of concurrent width modulation and pulse repetition rate modulation. Width starting at 200 mS and decreasing exponentially to 100 mS in three seconds and then returning back to 200 mS in the next three seconds. Rate starting at 100 Hz, decreasing exponentially to 65 Hz and then returning to 100 Hz. Time duration of the treatment selectable: 1 minute to 12 hours. Low Battery Indicator: If the battery goes below 6.9 volts +/- 0.2 volts the battery symbol will flash on/off once every second. If the battery voltage is below 6.6 (+/- 0.2) volts the unit will not turn on. Open Electrode Detect: If an open circuit is detected at the output of channel A or B the output current will be reset at zero. Physical dimensions: 119.2 x 69 x 28.7 mm Weight: 0.07KG without battery, 0.1KG with battery. Environmental Conditions for use: +5 to +40 degrees Centigrade. 15-93% Humidity. Environmental conditions for storage & transport: -25 to +70 degrees Centigrade. 15-93% Humidity.|