Kegel8 D Mannose 1000mg Supplement
- Powerful remedy for UTIs and Cystitis, flushes out bacteria responsible for 90% of urinary tract infections
- D-mannose attaches to bacteria in the bladder rendering them harmless, can prevent UTIs
- Clinically proven to cure UTIs and prevent recurring UTIs and cystitis vital for bladder health
- One month’s supply, easy swallow tablet 1000mg
- Specially formulated D-mannose for Kegel8 and Made in England
- Buy 2 for £12.35 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £11.70 each and save 10%
Forget Cranberry Juice for bladder infections, D-mannose is the more powerful active ingredient with proven clinical results to act quickly without leaving you at risk of then developing a yeast infection.
D-mannose is by far Kegel8's most effective supplement for both the treatment and prevention of Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). D-mannose is the active ingredient within cranberry juice in pure concentrated form. Being stronger, more concentrated, means it’s more effective than cranberry juice and it doesn't contain the added sugar found within a juice. Think you’ll choose a ‘sugar-free’ cranberry juice instead? Sugar-free will mean the use of artificial sweeteners instead which are also known to irritate the bladder, so not only do you have a bladder infection to cope with, but an overactive irritated bladder from the artificial sweeteners. D-mannose is a powerful home cure for UTIs because it attaches to E. coli bacteria, causing them to stick to each other and preventing them from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract which causes the bladder infection..
I’ll just got to the Doctor and get some antibiotics for my cystitis/bladder infection…
Yes, you can do that, and we do advise if you get recurring bladder infections you should visit your GP and try to find the cause. However what we do know is that if there is a healthy balanced environment within the bladder – for instance by taking D-mannose – you could prevent recurring bladder infections.
We also know that a weak pelvic floor is more prone to bladder infections, that’s why it is essential to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and also to make the bladder environment less attractive to the bad bacteria.
You’ll see the huge amount of clinical evidence available to support your choice to use D-mannose for optimum bladder health and we hope you will choose this natural alternative over antibiotics. We know that taking a course of antibiotics can ‘wipe out’ the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria in the body leaving you susceptible to a yeast infection such as Candida albicans or Thrush.
Kegel8 wants you to enjoy optimum pelvic health, and if you have a UTI you should not perform your kegel exercises, and chances are you won’t feel like doing them anyway! As soon as you have cured the bladder infection we urge you to consider a supplement such as D-mannose to prevent further bladder infections. That’s why we like D-mannose so much, you can take it in the short term to treat a current urinary tract infection, or you can take a regular dose to make sure your bladder is in the optimum healthy range and not susceptible to those ‘bad’ bacteria taking over and causing another bladder infection. D-mannose is also a hugely effective UTI deterrent, meaning it is one natural ingredient that should be in every woman’s home. This will keep your pelvic floor healthy and allow you to concentrate on pelvic floor muscle exercises, perfecting good posture, maintaining a healthy weight and reaching optimal pelvic health.
"D-mannose not only attacks bacteria that cause bladder infections it also works as a preventative for UTIs too. It’s invaluable - take at the first twinge or sting of a problem!"
Stephanie Taylor - Founder
Kegel8 recommends you consider supplementing with D-mannose supported by the following outstanding clinical reasons. We urge you to pre-empt a bladder infection, buy a pot and keep it ‘just in case’ so at the first sign, that sinking feeling we all get with the first stinging sensations, you can prevent a full-blown bladder infection and stop cystitis in its tracks.
Consider D-mannose to treat and prevent recurrent bladder infections, UTIs, cystitis ✔
- Long-term antibiotic therapy reduces the risk of recurrence in postmenopausal women with recurrent UTI. (1) Recurrent UTIs and treatment with antibiotics kill friendly as well as bad bacteria. D-mannose washes out E-Coli and bacteria from the urinary system without harming the 'good' bacteria and prompting a yeast infection after treatment for a urinary tract infection (UTI). 
- The effect of D-mannose and D-glucose on bacteriuria due to Escherichia coli (E-Coli) indicate that D-mannose and D-glucose can significantly reduce bacteriuria within 1 day and that their efficacy is dependent upon the concentration of both saccharide and bacteria. 
- After initial antibiotic treatment of acute cystitis, 308 women with history of recurrent UTI and no other significant comorbidities were randomly allocated to three groups. In our study, D-mannose powder had significantly reduced the risk of recurrent UTI which was no different than in Nitrofurantoin group. More studies will be needed to validate the results of this study, but initial findings show that D-mannose may be useful for UTI prevention. 
- Preventing urinary tract infections after menopause without antibiotics. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are the most common bacterial infections in women, and increase in incidence after the menopause. It is important to uncover underlying abnormalities or modifiable risk factors. Several risk factors for recurrent UTIs have been identified, including the frequency of sexual intercourse, spermicide use and abnormal pelvic anatomy. In postmenopausal women UTIs often accompany the symptoms and signs of the genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM). Escherichia coli (E-Coli the most prevalent uropathogen) that is resistant to antimicrobial agents has stimulated interest in novel non-antibiotic methods for the prevention of UTIs. …other strategies have been used to prevent recurrent UTIs: probiotics, cranberry juice and d-mannose have been studied. 
- D-mannose: a promising support for acute urinary tract infections in women. Urinary tract infections still represent a significant bother for women and result in high costs to the health system. D-mannose is a simple sugar; it seems able to hinder bacteria adhesion to the urothelium. The present study aimed to determine whether D-mannose alone is effective in treating acute urinary tract infections in women and its possible utility in the management of recurrences. The results of this study suggest that D-mannose can be an effective aid in acute cystitis management and also a successful prophylactic (treatment) agent in a selected population. 
- The long-term ability of an association of cranberry, D-mannose, an innovative gelling complex, and the 2 microorganisms tested to significantly improve the uncomfortable symptoms reported by women with acute cystitis has been suggested. 
- British Association of Urological Surgeons reported the following: During a 6-month study period 98 of our patients (32%) had a recurrent Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). The rate of recurrent UTI was 60% in the no treatment group significantly higher compared with the groups receiving D-mannose (15%) and nitrofurantoin (20%). The risk of recurrent UTI episodes was significantly higher in the no treatment group compared with those receiving D-mannose and nitrofurantoin the study also reported that the group taking D-mannose had a lower risk of side effects. 
- Long-term antibiotics for prevention of recurrent urinary tract infection in older adults
- Effects of D-mannose
- D-mannose powder for prophylaxis (prevention) of recurrent urinary tract infection in women. In our study D-mannose had significantly reduced the risk of recurrent UTI. More studies will be needed but initial findings show that D-mannose may be useful for UTI prevention.
- Preventing urinary tract infections after menopause without antibiotics
- D-mannose: a promising support for acute urinary tract infections in women the results of the study suggest D-mannose can be an effective aid in acute cystitis management and a suitable UTI prevention for some users.
- Effectiveness of an association of a cranberry dry extract, D-mannose 'tested to significantly improve the uncomfortable symptoms reported by women with acute cystitis has been suggested'.
- Use of d-mannose in prophylaxis of recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) in women 'We believe that D-mannose may be a useful agent for the prevention of recurrent UTIs but further clinical trials will be necessary.
Food supplements must not be used instead of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use, especially if you are already under medical supervision, taking any medications, pregnant or breastfeeding. Stop use immediately and consult a doctor if you have any adverse reactions. Keep out of reach of children. Supplements should be stored in a cool and dry place and should never be used if the seal on the packaging is damaged or missing. For directions for use, please refer to the instructions on the packaging.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure product information is up to date on our website, please always read labels, warning and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product.
|Recommended For||Flushes out bacteria which causes urinary tract infections and prevents recurring UTI's for optimum bladder health.|
|Can be used with||Optimise bladder health with D-mannose on a regular basis to prevent and treat UTI's.|
|Included Contents||30 tablets.|
|Does Not Include||Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Lactose, Sweeteners, Starch, Soya, Egg, Nuts.|
|Dosage||To Prevent UTI's- One to two tablets a day before a meal. If a UTI is present increase the does up to as many as 6 tablets a day|